Need snow tires - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
My AWD Model S drives OK in snow equipped with new Nokian zLine A/S tires. Downhill braking is a problem, since it is very heavy and the tires don't have enough traction on snow/ice.
My RWD BMW 550i equipped with Nokian Hakka R2 tires is amazing on snow/ice. Full control and fun with manual transmission. The torquey, flexible V-8 makes in very easy to smoothly control power delivery. The rear wheel drive provides logical and consistent output for user input.
Model S owners usually praise their cars for good slippery road manners. However, I know another MS/550i owner who also feels that his RWD Model S is inferior to his manual transmission RWD 550i when it comes to driving on slippery roads.
posted by 38.126.150...
Posts in this Thread:
- Tesla in snow?, Snowmobile , Tue, 2 Jan 2018 15:35:59
- Tesla Roadster, Dan-O, Fri, 5 Jan 2018 10:20:43
- Too much low speed torque, MI-Roger , Thu, 4 Jan 2018 16:13:02
- Need snow tires, vvk, Wed, 3 Jan 2018 10:26:25 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Need snow tires, Snowmobile , Thu, 4 Jan 2018 13:31:36
- Not crazy about them, vvk, Fri, 5 Jan 2018 05:15:40
- Re: Not crazy about them, Snowmobile , Fri, 5 Jan 2018 12:51:09
- Re: Not crazy about them, Craig, Tue, 16 Jan 2018 17:50:45
- Which GMax?, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 10 Jan 2018 10:02:45
- as-03, Snowmobile , Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:41:45
- Re: as-03, Justin VanAbrahams, Sun, 14 Jan 2018 13:20:27
- Re: Need snow tires, Justin VanAbrahams, Thu, 4 Jan 2018 15:38:13
- considerable irony, AeroEd , Tue, 2 Jan 2018 18:39:15
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!