NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|Other Cars Bulletin Board|
Interesting. Maybe I will stick with the directionals I've been using then as they are cheaper and easier to find. I have the General GMAX's on both a 9-5 and c900 and I'm quite happy with both. Great in water and steering response is fantastic also. Tbh I haven't had great luck with Michelins, as I find they spider line crack pretty early on. I think MXM4's might be most suited to high mileage "touring" usage. Comfort, noise, and mileage are less important to me than wet performance. I did have Michelin Pilot Super Sports at one point that performed very well. I'd buy them again, though they wear fast and in real world performance situations, the GMAX and RE970AS seem sufficiently close. I guess where the PSS wore fast, spider line cracking wasn't such an issue on those! Nokian tires seem very good for not rotting away, which is kind of nice where I have some older low mileage cars. I have some 15+ year old Hakkas (not in use now) with no sign of spider line cracking or tread rot whereas I've had Michelins looking scary in 5 years or less. Not sure why that is...
Posts in this Thread:
- Tesla in snow?, Snowmobile , Tue, 2 Jan 2018 15:35:59
- Re: Tesla in snow?, No Snaab, Sat, 3 Feb 2018 05:29:52
- Tesla Roadster, Dan-O, Fri, 5 Jan 2018 10:20:43
- Too much low speed torque, MI-Roger , Thu, 4 Jan 2018 16:13:02
- Need snow tires, vvk, Wed, 3 Jan 2018 10:26:25
- Re: Need snow tires, Snowmobile , Thu, 4 Jan 2018 13:31:36
- Not crazy about them, vvk, Fri, 5 Jan 2018 05:15:40
- Re: Not crazy about them, Snowmobile , Fri, 5 Jan 2018 12:51:09 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Not crazy about them, Craig, Tue, 16 Jan 2018 17:50:45
- Which GMax?, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 10 Jan 2018 10:02:45
- as-03, Snowmobile , Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:41:45
- Re: as-03, Justin VanAbrahams, Sun, 14 Jan 2018 13:20:27
- Re: Need snow tires, Justin VanAbrahams, Thu, 4 Jan 2018 15:38:13
- considerable irony, AeroEd , Tue, 2 Jan 2018 18:39:15
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.