pickups are it - Saab Other Cars Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main Other Cars Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
pickups are it
Posted by vvk (more from vvk) on Thu, 10 May 2018 07:00:08
In Reply to: The downfall of Cross-over popularity is approaching, MI-Roger [Profile/Gallery]
, Sun, 6 May 2018 16:16:40
Full size and heavy duty pickups are increasing popular and "cool."
I am perplexed by this, since I see families loading groceries into the rear seats of large pickups in supermarket parking lots. It is my impression that the bed of a full size pickup is unusable. First, it is too big to put anything in it because the stuff will end up so far away that it is unreachable and one would need to climb onto the bed to reach the shopping bags, etc. Climbing up into the bed seems like an almost impossible feat of acrobatics, since the bed is simply way too high for a normal height human to step onto. I can see how old style low to the ground pickups may be useful to have for house projects, etc. But it seems that the full size pickup is completely unusuable because it is too high to first lift heavy items into the bed and to later get these items out of the bed. So I don't understand why people buy them, other than because they want to be protected in a crash and to be able to intimidate drivers of smaller vehicles.
posted by 38.126.150...
Posts in this Thread:
- The downfall of Cross-over popularity is approaching, MI-Roger , Sun, 6 May 2018 16:16:40
- pickups are it, vvk, Thu, 10 May 2018 07:00:08 <-- Viewing This Message
- Cars are cool?, DE, Mon, 7 May 2018 15:44:24
- Re: Cars are cool? NISSAN GT-R, AdamSAAB2kAero , Wed, 9 May 2018 12:56:22
- There are some..., Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 8 May 2018 10:06:32
- Anything made by Koenigsegg..., Snowmobile , Tue, 8 May 2018 07:28:38
- What was uncool is now cool again..., Tulsaab , Mon, 7 May 2018 17:49:29
- Love it!, Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 8 May 2018 10:00:23
- Re: The downfall of Cross-over popularity is approaching, Craig, Mon, 7 May 2018 09:56:33
- Some crossovers are cool, others aren't, A1-turbo, Mon, 7 May 2018 07:44:19
- Jumping the shark, Snowmobile , Mon, 7 May 2018 04:06:00
- Doubt it, No Snaab, Mon, 7 May 2018 04:00:43
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!