Re: Obviously... - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
You should do it. For a fair-weather car an old full-size convertible is a great choice. Everyone on the street will love you. The kids will love it. Choose wisely and it'll keep it's value. Plus, you avoid unexpected - I dunno - ABS module failures and whatever other nonsense happens to modern cars. Pushrod V8 + 3 speed automatic and not much else. :)
You've got through the early '70s to choose from - twenty-five-ish years of cars that are extremely well suited to moving a family around at a moderate speed. :)
I bought my old Fleetwood because I love old Fleetwoods, but the joy it (apparently) brings to everyone else really sweetens the deal. :)
posted by 12.195.130...
Posts in this Thread:
- Best Convertible for a Family of Four?, Dan-O, Tue, 12 Jun 2018 10:13:29
- Only covertible drivers under 50?, MI-Roger , Fri, 15 Jun 2018 17:52:21
- Cascade 4-seat CV?, Norm9-5, Fri, 15 Jun 2018 06:55:34
- Karma Hit Me Upside the Head Today, Dan-O, Wed, 13 Jun 2018 18:32:521
- Re: Best Convertible for a Family of Four?, No Snaab, Wed, 13 Jun 2018 03:56:22
- Re: Best Convertible for a Family of Four?, Cary, Tue, 12 Jun 2018 16:11:44
- Obviously..., Justin VanAbrahams, Tue, 12 Jun 2018 11:24:26
- Naw..., Craig, Wed, 13 Jun 2018 08:55:15
- Re: Naw..., Craig, Wed, 13 Jun 2018 08:59:31
- No lies, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 13 Jun 2018 09:38:00
- OK, DE, Wed, 13 Jun 2018 06:57:21
- Re: Obviously..., A1-turbo, Wed, 13 Jun 2018 05:37:33
- Re: Obviously..., Dan-O, Tue, 12 Jun 2018 11:48:05
- Re: Obviously..., Justin VanAbrahams, Tue, 12 Jun 2018 15:00:36 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!