Re: Jeep Liberty and dealer scare tactic? - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
The liberty transfer is separate from the transmission.It uses its own fluid. It is very easy to check, change the fluid, if you can raise the vehicle up. You need a very large torx bit.
Liberty transfer cases are a weak spot in the car. Any loss or lack of service will quickly lead to internal failure. I have been around Mopars for almost 10 years now. I have seen tons of Jeeps with t case failure at 90K and above. Make sure you look into this, and the front diff seal. Same story there....
posted by 69.137.13...
Posts in this Thread:
- Jeep Liberty and dealer scare tactic?, CBS , Fri, 2 Dec 2011 15:08:56
- Re: Jeep Liberty and dealer scare tactic?, No Snaab, Sat, 3 Dec 2011 05:15:50
- "Free" oil changes ..., JMF , Fri, 2 Dec 2011 16:36:58
- Boat payment....., Mike Lynch , Fri, 2 Dec 2011 16:33:51
- Could be..., Noel , Fri, 2 Dec 2011 16:05:22
- Re: Jeep Liberty and dealer scare tactic?, Justin VanAbrahams, Fri, 2 Dec 2011 15:52:43
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!