There are ways of re-capturing the heat losses... mainly things like thermo-electric materials (which convert a temperature differential between the two sides into a voltage differential... or viseversa, a voltage differential into a temperature differential, a lot of low end compact refrigerators and wine coolers/chillers use this).
A couple of years ago I remember hearing a report GM was experimenting with a heat re-capture devise on the exhaust of large trucks/suvs to create electricity... taking some of the load off the alternator, and hence off the engine.
posted by 198.203.224...
Posts in this Thread:
- Vapor Engine can get 100MPG+ thoughts?, TSR, Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:31:31
- More 100MPG+ thoughts, Paul'sAero, Sat, 10 Dec 2011 11:00:51
- Re: Vapor Engine can get 100MPG+ thoughts?, Dean, Wed, 7 Dec 2011 08:13:39
- Generalized energy losses info, Paul'sAero, Sat, 3 Dec 2011 11:22:36
- Re: Vapor Engine can get 100MPG+ thoughts?, TML, Wed, 30 Nov 2011 18:22:27
- Re: Vapor Engine can get 100MPG+ thoughts?, Simon S, Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:40:22
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!