I think you understand the oversimplification. Obviously the fuel in a gasoline ICE is gasoline, but due to current physical limitations in modern engines gasoline also has to be used somewhat inefficiently to help control temperatures. Water injection helps alleviate that requirement, making the use of gasoline more efficient. Even the most efficient of modern engines give up some HCs to loss, and minimizing that loss is certainly part of the pictures.
Again, I am not saying this scenario is possible or likely, only that water injection is indeed a possible fuel economy enhancer.
posted by 12.195.130...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Vapor Engine can get 100MPG+ thoughts?, TSR, Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:31:31
- More 100MPG+ thoughts, Paul'sAero, Sat, 10 Dec 2011 11:00:51
- Re: Vapor Engine can get 100MPG+ thoughts?, Dean, Wed, 7 Dec 2011 08:13:39
- Generalized energy losses info, Paul'sAero, Sat, 3 Dec 2011 11:22:36
- Re: Vapor Engine can get 100MPG+ thoughts?, TML, Wed, 30 Nov 2011 18:22:27
- Re: Vapor Engine can get 100MPG+ thoughts?, Simon S, Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:40:22
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!