Re: Vintage Electrical Problem - use dielectric grease - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
Try removing the bulbs and carefully clean the contact areas of the bulbs and the socket (ground and hot pressure plate). Carefully bend the pressure plates back so that the bulbs are held properly (I would suggest new bulbs as the + contact area maybe worn due to vibrations etc. Use dielectric grease on the contact areas when installing the bulbs. Check for power to all bulbs and for a good ground as well. I also use dielectric grease on the contact areas of the headlight fuses. Good luck!
posted by 24.66.1...
Posts in this Thread:
- Vintage Electrical Problem - Sonett Taillights, Scott Paterson , Sat, 16 Sep 2017 11:02:17
- Re: Vintage Electrical Problem - Sonett Taillights, juanm , Sun, 24 Sep 2017 16:55:201
- Re: Vintage Electrical Problem - use dielectric grease, Jim H, Sun, 17 Sep 2017 09:15:46 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Vintage Electrical Problem - Sonett Taillights, 900T , Sat, 16 Sep 2017 16:59:09
- Housing..., Scott Paterson , Sat, 16 Sep 2017 19:57:11
- Re: Vintage Electrical Problem - Sonett Taillights, Bradley Burns, Sat, 16 Sep 2017 11:55:031
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!