* High-performance Saab driving school at Lime Rock Park racetrack July 5-6
* European Rallycross Champion Per Eklund and his 700-HP AWD Pikes Peak Saab 9-3 Viggen on site
* Concours d' Saab and Road Rally Competitions
NORCROSS, Ga. - Each year, hundreds of Saab enthusiasts gather for a celebration of Saab spirit camaraderie and automotive innovation at the national Saab Owners Convention. This year, the New Jersey Saab Owner's Club and Saab Cars USA are hosting the event, which includes track days at Lime Rock Park racetrack in Lakeville, Conn. on July 5-6. The convention will then be held July 7-9 in the foothills of the Catskill Mountains at the Hudson Valley Resort in Kerhonkson, New York.
Saab owners can choose from a range of fun and informative activities designed to appeal to all levels of driving skill and automotive know-how. At Lime Rock Park, Skip Barber Driving School will provide a unique high-performance driving event tailored specifically for Saab owners and their vehicles' turbocharged engines and front-wheel drive dynamics. Participants will learn driving techniques that are not only useful for improving track times, but will also help sharpen driving skills on public roads. Other track events include an autocross, lapping sessions and a parade lap of competition Saabs on the road course.
Other Highlights of the Catskills Convention include:
* Saab cars of every vintage competing in the Concours d'Saab and Road Rally
* Saab Master Technicians competing for top honors
* Technical sessions and seminars on aspects of Saab ownership
* The latest Saabs to test-drive, including the new 9-5 Aero Wagon
* Parts, accessories and memorabilia at the Saab Marketplace
* An exclusive airshow at the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome
In addition, Saab's 1999 European Rallycross Champion, Per Eklund, fresh from his run at the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, will be one of the keynote speakers at the banquet. The other will be former rally champion Simo Lampinen.
Enthusiastic Saab owners have been gathering annually since 1962. Interested owners can find out more at http://www.saabconvention.org