bypass the coolant bypass valve - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main 95 Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
bypass the coolant bypass valve
Posted by Mike Craven [Email] (more from Mike Craven) on Thu, 25 Jun 2009 19:15:12
In Reply to: difficulty of replacing coolant bypass valve?, -993-, Thu, 25 Jun 2009 18:02:02
Another alternative is to go to any of the chain auto parts stores and by 2 barbed plastic hose repair nipples and one cap. Bypass the valve with one and use the other (with the cap) to stop the hose that goes to the cockpit heat exchanger. (I don't know all the right lingo.) No heat of course, but it wasn't a problem in Georgia in the summer.
posted by 74.224.60...
Posts in this Thread:
- difficulty of replacing coolant bypass valve?, -993-, Thu, 25 Jun 2009 18:02:02
- Update, -993-, Sat, 27 Jun 2009 01:27:14
- Genuine Saab vs. aftermarket, Coggs, Fri, 26 Jun 2009 17:58:04
- Re: Genuine Saab vs. aftermarket, JB, Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:20:00
- Re: Genuine Saab vs. aftermarket, steve, Sun, 28 Jun 2009 12:47:24
- Re: Genuine Saab vs. Genuine GM, Stephen Goldberger, Sun, 28 Jun 2009 07:59:18
- Re: Genuine Saab vs. aftermarket, TG, Sun, 28 Jun 2009 07:46:27
- bypass the coolant bypass valve, Mike Craven, Thu, 25 Jun 2009 19:15:12 <-- Viewing This Message
- EASY answer--here's how, TG, Thu, 25 Jun 2009 18:05:46
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!