If you live in MA, you don't always need full-on snows - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
4/20 Small Batch Order: Saabnet.com T-Shirts!! Put in Your Order Now!!
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I'm in southern NH and use Nokian WRs for winter. They are almost as good as the Nokian snows, but are much quieter and wear better on non-snowy roads. And that's what you're driving on most of the time in MA. My daughter had the WRs on her 9000, year round, all the way though college in Maine. No issues. The nice thing is you can put them on sooner and run them later in the spring without much extra wear. Got about 32K out of my last set.
I have full snows on wife's 9-5 with TCS and ESP. On the same road, same storm (4" unplowed) the 9-5 was better than my 9K with the WRs and no traction control, but not a big difference at all.
1999 9-3 SE auto (daily driver)
1996 9000 CSE 5 speed (soon to leave)
2003 9-5 Linear SportWagon (wife's)
1984 C900 4 door Base model (RIP)
1995 9000 CS (sold)
1996 9000 CS (RIP)
2000 9-3 SE (RIP)
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Snow tire shopping, BrianG, Fri, 9 Sep 2011 10:57:21
- Nitto my friend, Ian, Fri, 16 Sep 2011 10:37:12
- Re: Snow tire shopping, John D, Sat, 10 Sep 2011 08:33:54
- Re: Snow tire shopping, Peter Martin , Sat, 10 Sep 2011 07:45:42
- Re: Snow tire shopping, Sam, Fri, 9 Sep 2011 19:24:50
- Re: Snow tire shopping, Dave, Fri, 9 Sep 2011 17:20:01
- Re: Snow tire shopping, AeroLady, Fri, 9 Sep 2011 16:53:25
- Generals, RMinNJ, Fri, 9 Sep 2011 16:38:39
- If you live in MA, you don't always need full-on snows, Noel , Fri, 9 Sep 2011 16:15:21 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Snow tire shopping, yoeddy20000, Fri, 9 Sep 2011 11:29:28
- +1, MI-Roger , Fri, 9 Sep 2011 16:15:58
- I'm a Hakka guy, DE , Fri, 9 Sep 2011 11:09:00
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!