Intermittent wipers not responding and/or working - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Click Banner for Details on this Saabnet.com Classified
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
2/5 Saabnet.com T-Shirts All Sent Out! Last Call! |
1/6 Saab Owners' Convention 2023
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
The intermittent wipers on my '08 Aero do not resond to any changes in the rheostat position. they tend to cycles as they see fit for a couple minutes, then just stop completely. Turning them OFF then ON again starts the process anew.
I know the car is still under warranty but warranty challenges make the D-I-Y route look some what attractive too.
Since the wipers work fine on SLOW and FAST I assume the problem is either the wiper stalk ($90) or the wiper relay ($25?) with the stalk on the top of my list of probable suspects.
Anyone else have this problem? What was the cure? Thanks,
posted by 198.208.25...
2008 9-5 Aero Sedan, sold at 227K miles
2006 9-3SC 2.0T - Wife's daily driver
2000 Viggen Convertible - Sold May, 2022
1964 Quantum IV Formula Car - Retirement project
2000 9-5lpt Sedan, sold at 318K miles
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Intermittent wipers not responding and/or working, MI-Roger , Tue, 6 Mar 2012 05:40:19 <-- Viewing This Message
- bleah rain sensors, Les_H, Tue, 6 Mar 2012 09:27:03
- Re: bleah rain sensors, brick8, Tue, 6 Mar 2012 17:58:23
- So far the self dimming mirror has impressed me, MI-Roger , Wed, 7 Mar 2012 03:10:12
- me too, and I'm quite happy with rain-sensing wipers, AeroEd , Thu, 8 Mar 2012 09:11:14
- Just did this last week, ToddInMA, Wed, 7 Mar 2012 13:00:29
- Re: So far the self dimming mirror has impressed me, Les_H, Wed, 7 Mar 2012 08:55:30
- Re: So far the self dimming mirror has impressed me, David B, Wed, 7 Mar 2012 08:36:48
- Re: bleah rain sensors, James, Tue, 6 Mar 2012 12:02:47
- Re: Intermittent wipers not responding and/or working, Telemahn, Tue, 6 Mar 2012 08:12:29
- You probably have rain sensing wipers..., B Millar , Tue, 6 Mar 2012 07:11:05
- More details., B Millar , Tue, 6 Mar 2012 07:17:431
- Now I understand better....., MI-Roger , Tue, 6 Mar 2012 08:50:08
- Right..., B Millar , Tue, 6 Mar 2012 09:13:19
- I'll check, but I don't think I have this......, MI-Roger , Tue, 6 Mar 2012 07:46:20
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|M Car Covers
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!