More details. - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
2/5 Saabnet.com T-Shirts All Sent Out! Last Call! |
1/6 Saab Owners' Convention 2023
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Rain sensing wipers behave like this:
Flip the stalk up and they will do one swipe to calibrate the sensor. This is so the sensor knows what "dry" looks like." If it's raining lightly the wipers will park until the sensor has enough water on it.
The little switch on the stalk that you're used to using to adjust the frequency of the intermittent wipers now controls the *sensitivity* of the sensor. The bottom position is the least sensitive, the top is the most sensitive. Every time you turn the sensitivity UP, the wipers will do one pass to re-calibrate again and either park, or keep going if it's raining enough.
Every time you start the car you have to turn the sensor function off and on again for it to activate.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Intermittent wipers not responding and/or working, MI-Roger , Tue, 6 Mar 2012 05:40:19
- bleah rain sensors, Les_H, Tue, 6 Mar 2012 09:27:03
- Re: bleah rain sensors, brick8, Tue, 6 Mar 2012 17:58:23
- So far the self dimming mirror has impressed me, MI-Roger , Wed, 7 Mar 2012 03:10:12
- me too, and I'm quite happy with rain-sensing wipers, AeroEd , Thu, 8 Mar 2012 09:11:14
- Just did this last week, ToddInMA, Wed, 7 Mar 2012 13:00:29
- Re: So far the self dimming mirror has impressed me, Les_H, Wed, 7 Mar 2012 08:55:30
- Re: So far the self dimming mirror has impressed me, David B, Wed, 7 Mar 2012 08:36:48
- Re: bleah rain sensors, James, Tue, 6 Mar 2012 12:02:47
- Re: Intermittent wipers not responding and/or working, Telemahn, Tue, 6 Mar 2012 08:12:29
- You probably have rain sensing wipers..., B Millar , Tue, 6 Mar 2012 07:11:05
- More details., B Millar , Tue, 6 Mar 2012 07:17:43 <-- Viewing This Message1
- Now I understand better....., MI-Roger , Tue, 6 Mar 2012 08:50:08
- Right..., B Millar , Tue, 6 Mar 2012 09:13:19
- I'll check, but I don't think I have this......, MI-Roger , Tue, 6 Mar 2012 07:46:20
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|M Car Covers
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!