Re: Would you pay $2500 for.... - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
11/22 Member of the Year Voting
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
What's not apparent is the planning horizon. If the intent is to keep the car for only a couple of years, then depreciation will be nil and expenses should be low as well - go for it.
On the other hand if the planning horizon is more than five years then look carefully at items bumping up their respective replacement intervals and consider what jobs are DIY in your monetary calculations. My experience with older cars held for long periods of time (> 5 years) is that decent tires are perhaps one of the biggest expenses. A well maintained European car will not drop much below $2k no matter how many miles it has - but then my version of "well maintained" is about $1,500 / year mostly in parts.
I agree that "no rust to speak of" probably means that there will be some bubbling ahead of the rear wheels at the rocker panels. If you have that fixed professionally it'll run at least $700 a side - ask me how I know.
posted by 75.38.241...
'03 Aero 5Spd, Krona, 290 bhp (son's)
'04 Aero Sport Kombi, Sport Tek, BSR
'03 Linear 5 spd. Krona Mods, 350 bhp
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Would you pay $2500 for...., VtDewman, Tue, 19 Aug 2014 19:31:21
- Re: Would you pay $2500 for...., VtDewman, Sun, 24 Aug 2014 07:47:40
- History, AeroEd , Sat, 30 Aug 2014 06:18:04
- Re: Would you pay $2500 for...., Doug W , Thu, 21 Aug 2014 19:45:07 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Would you pay $2500 for...., Dan , Wed, 20 Aug 2014 17:36:46
- Re: Would you pay $2500 for...., dtechakacheaptech, Wed, 20 Aug 2014 13:26:51
- Don't buy/sell cars from/to friends/family, Johnson, Wed, 20 Aug 2014 12:29:34
- Perhaps if you are DIYer, NJ-PA Don , Wed, 20 Aug 2014 08:35:08
- Re: Would you pay $2500 for...., JustinHiFi , Wed, 20 Aug 2014 07:16:03
- Nope that money would be better spent, vvack0matic , Wed, 20 Aug 2014 05:32:11
- Slightly biased view...., MI-Roger , Wed, 20 Aug 2014 03:27:20
- Re: Would you pay $2500 for...., EGD , Wed, 20 Aug 2014 01:35:27
- hummm, Savary , Tue, 19 Aug 2014 20:51:36
- Re: Would you pay $2500 for...., JerseySaab , Tue, 19 Aug 2014 20:02:06
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!