intermittent no-start no-crank, starts after many tries - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main 95 Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
intermittent no-start no-crank, starts after many tries
Posted by Navid S [Email] (more from Navid S) on Mon, 13 May 2019 15:18:28
- Saab 9-5 2003 manual
- No start, no crank, turn key to right and nothing happens
- I do have consistent fuse power from ignition switch on turn to start
- I changed the starter relay
- Sometimes it takes 5 tries to get it going, sometimes 10, sometimes right away
- Seems worse in COLD
- Seems worse after sitting overnight
- When it does start, it cranks fast and starts right away
- Battery is fine
Could this be the fuel check valve or something? Next step to diagnose?
posted by 45.72.24...
Posts in this Thread:
- intermittent no-start no-crank, starts after many tries, Navid S, Mon, 13 May 2019 15:18:28 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: intermittent no-start no-crank, starts after many tries, Vtsaaber, Wed, 15 May 2019 17:50:09
- Clutch switch?, dmz789qqq, Tue, 14 May 2019 20:33:33
- Try this, adl6009 , Tue, 14 May 2019 14:04:10
- Re: intermittent no-start no-crank, starts after many tries, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Tue, 14 May 2019 12:33:04
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!