Three more things - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main 95 Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Three more things
Posted by Boris Bubbanov [Email] (more from Boris Bubbanov) on Wed, 22 May 2019 12:38:34
In Reply to: Re: parts and maintenance question, Boris Bubbanov, Wed, 22 May 2019 12:23:11
1) Of course, don't buy one with the V6, but also, get one with the high output 2.3 iron block motor. That means all Aeros, all '04s and '05s except the base, stripper wagons, and all '06 and newer models. The automatic transmission was upgraded about 2002 and is a fine choice - I would never recommend earlier Saabs with automatics but this Aisin 5 speed is nice;
2) Shop for both sedans and wagons, unless you are 100% obsessed with getting a wagon. In my experience the wagons are more beat up, and the asking price is considerably higher. Better IMO to grab an excellent sedan than an average wagon; and
3) Beware this "Parchment" interior on '06 and newer models. Degrades pretty fast; will require meticulous care to look great for long.
posted by 75.66.66...
Posts in this Thread:
- parts and maintenance question, Matt, Tue, 21 May 2019 07:54:31
- Re: parts and maintenance question, three_jeeps, Sun, 9 Jun 2019 08:52:30
- Re: parts and maintenance question, Boris Bubbanov, Wed, 22 May 2019 12:23:11
- Three more things, Boris Bubbanov, Wed, 22 May 2019 12:38:34 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: parts and maintenance question, NCCaniac , Wed, 22 May 2019 09:45:37
- 2nd eEuro... and Dave., PGAero , Wed, 22 May 2019 09:14:30
- Re: parts and maintenance question, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Tue, 21 May 2019 17:16:51
- Definitely consider eEuroparts.com - They help make ths site possible!, Scott Paterson , Tue, 21 May 2019 12:24:09
- Re: parts and maintenance question, Jeremy R., Tue, 21 May 2019 12:16:50
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!