Re: Engine died while driving, now crank no-start and P1641 - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
10/20 Breaking News: SAAB Opens Plant in Indiana |
10/13 Saabnet.com Celebrates 33 Years on the Internet! |
9/29 Photo of the Year Open Submissions
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I'd suspect the FP connector and the relay block. jiggling and tugging are my standard diagnostic steps for these :-) I have had a few cases on my cars where a pin on the rear of a connector pushed out and it worth checking.
You have to be quick though, I believe that the FP is powered up for only a few seconds at key-on. If there is no start it will power down.
We have certainly seen plenty of cases where the ignition switch was the culprit of a wide variety of electrical failures, so I'd agree that it's worth investigating that too
'08 9⁵ 2.3T SportCombi, Polar White
'01 9⁵ Aero Midnight Blue (benched)
'00 9⁵ Aero Midnight Blue (rescued)
'99 9⁵ Base model, Cosmic blue
'00 9⁵ Aero Silver (RIP - transmission )
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Engine died while driving, now crank no-start and P1641, Mark in Marine , Thu, 9 Jul 2020 09:45:21
- Re: Engine died while driving, now crank no-start and P1641, bobc , Thu, 9 Jul 2020 10:45:43 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Engine died while driving, now crank no-start and P1641, Mark in Marine , Thu, 9 Jul 2020 11:15:551
- Re: Engine died while driving, now crank no-start and P1641, Bernie , Thu, 9 Jul 2020 12:26:091
- Hi Bernie - update 7/12, Mark in Marine , Sun, 12 Jul 2020 11:51:59
- Re: Engine died while driving, now crank no-start and P1641, dmz789qqq, Fri, 10 Jul 2020 18:26:30
- Thanks !, Mark in Marine , Thu, 9 Jul 2020 15:08:09
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!