Re: Possible Unavailable Classic 900 Parts from Orio in the Future - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I don't know how Orio would source parts, but what would be absolutely AMAZING is if they could produce a production schedule and arrange monthly/quarterlywhatever group buys... Resellers could stock up during a production run, and end users could plan. Nothing sucks worse than finding a previously unavailable widget was in production for a limited time you missed it, again.
That said, some things I think that should absolutely be produced include:
1. &*%^*! hall effect sensor housing. NLA forever, and cars are useless without them!
2. Exterior window scrapers - I think Scandix had these for a while, but don't anymore.
3. Any/all glass seals, especially the windshield and man o man I'd love to buy some for the opera windows on 5-doors. :(
4. Tail light lenses, maybe entire housings. They are starting to crumble and are increasingly hard to find
5. Brake boosters for '88/'89 cars. This is so incredibly unlikely as it's such a small window of time, but one can dream. :)
Something else came up recently that I can't recall, but these are five items that really hose a car and don't have good alternatives. Like, there's the c900 clockspring shortage, but there *are* functional substitutes. These things... when they go it's over.
posted by 66.60.157...
Posts in this Thread:
- Possible Unavailable Classic 900 Parts from Orio in the Future, Scott Paterson , Wed, 19 Dec 2018 14:49:42
- THREAD CLOSED, Scott Paterson , Sat, 5 Jan 2019 14:44:25
- Various plastic and rubber parts, RS , Mon, 31 Dec 2018 04:18:05
- Re: windshield wiper motor. n/m, Tom G , Wed, 26 Dec 2018 17:16:03
- Re: Possible Unavailable Classic 900 Parts from Orio in the Future, Name Left Blank, Wed, 26 Dec 2018 07:33:50
- Re: Possible Unavailable Classic 900 Parts from Orio in the Future, Bloodnose , Mon, 24 Dec 2018 08:46:05
- 1989 C900 Upper Chain Guide - 7505845.....n/m, vsfoxe , Sat, 22 Dec 2018 21:33:061
- Re: Possible Unavailable Classic 900 Parts from Orio in the Future, vsfoxe , Fri, 21 Dec 2018 21:09:11
- Remembered the other thing..., Justin VanAbrahams , Fri, 21 Dec 2018 07:22:46
- Re: Possible Unavailable Classic 900 Parts from Orio in the Future, bengen, Thu, 20 Dec 2018 06:58:10
- Re: Possible Unavailable Classic 900 Parts from Orio in the Future, southsaab , Thu, 20 Dec 2018 05:39:31
- Re: Possible Unavailable Classic 900 Parts from Orio in the Future, S Carlson, Wed, 19 Dec 2018 21:01:38
- Re: Possible Unavailable Classic 900 Parts from Orio in the Future, Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 19 Dec 2018 15:54:30 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!