The 3-speed is shorter by 0.400 inches - Saab Vintage Models Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Click Banner for Details on this Saabnet.com Classified
Site News -
8/25 WIN A $100 GIFT CARD |
7/31 Member of the Year |
7/20 Member Feature: Fewer Ads in Classifieds & More |
New Feature: BB Daily Digest Email
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Bernie had a negative clearance issue between clutch housing and Ring Gear when attempting to install the 3-speed clutch housing on my rebuilt 4-speed transmission. He started milling away the interference point inside the Clutch Housing in a professional and neat manner, but was not able to eliminate the interference. Long before perforating the housing he measured the respective housings and determined the 3-speed housing is 400 thousandths shorter than a 4-speed housing.
He obtained an early 4-speed 'Stroker Clutch Housing and installed it as a cable actuated clutch that I desired for the vintage of my Quantum.
I need to source a metal or rubber plug to seal the slave cylinder hole.
2008 9-5 Aero Sedan, sold at 227K miles
2006 9-3SC 2.0T - Wife's daily driver
2000 Viggen Convertible - Summer Fun Car
1964 Quantum IV Formula Car - Retirement project
2000 9-5lpt Sedan, sold at 318K miles
Posts in this Thread:
- Searching for Obscure Transmission Parts, MI-Roger , Fri, 13 Nov 2020 15:06:36
- Substantial Success - In Search for Obscure Transmission Parts, MI-Roger , Sun, 15 Nov 2020 05:57:42
- Awesome!, jimmy, Mon, 16 Nov 2020 18:26:13
- The 3-speed is shorter by 0.400 inches, MI-Roger , Sun, 23 May 2021 07:13:01 <-- Viewing This Message
- I will be making Spline Nuts since none seem to exist, MI-Roger , Tue, 17 Nov 2020 07:46:09
- The splined nuts........, jimmy, Wed, 18 Nov 2020 08:13:10
- Still searching for (2) Splined Nuts, MI-Roger , Fri, 29 Jan 2021 14:54:09
- Well, I may need more parts........, MI-Roger , Fri, 20 Nov 2020 14:53:21
- Re: The splined nuts........, MI-Roger , Fri, 20 Nov 2020 12:22:47
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!