Re: fuel - Saab NG900 & OG9-3 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
You are correct that the fuel will circulate through the fuel rail and back to the tank. The jumper can remain in place to keep the pump running, and whether the car is running or not does not matter.
Bypassing the fuel pump relay with this fuse block jumper eliminates the ignition switch as an issue. Your load and stopping pump prove the pump is bad.
You can connect your old pump in this same fashion and run it dry to ensure it stays running. A little bit of dry running won't hurt it.
I know this car. I've have the same year/model for a long time, and am glad to help.
Posts in this Thread:
- fuel, roofer1011 , Sat, 19 Oct 2019 12:04:56
- Re: fuel, roofer1011 , Tue, 22 Oct 2019 16:46:07
- Re: fuel, Bloodnose , Wed, 23 Oct 2019 13:07:45 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: fuel, Bernie , Sat, 19 Oct 2019 15:24:01
- Re: fuel, roofer1011 , Sun, 20 Oct 2019 21:08:14
- Re: fuel, Bloodnose , Mon, 21 Oct 2019 18:12:06
- Re: fuel, roofer1011 , Wed, 17 Jun 2020 08:42:54
- Re: fuel, roofer1011 , Tue, 22 Oct 2019 09:03:19
- Re: fuel, Bloodnose , Tue, 22 Oct 2019 09:12:49
- Re: fuel, roofer1011 , Thu, 24 Oct 2019 13:41:52
- Re: fuel, Bloodnose , Thu, 24 Oct 2019 16:44:50
- Re: fuel, roofer1011 , Thu, 24 Oct 2019 17:18:52
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!