2002 Viggen codes P1312, P1334, P0340, P1230, P0455 - Saab NG900 & OG9-3 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main NG900 & OG93 Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
2002 Viggen codes P1312, P1334, P0340, P1230, P0455
Posted by Glen W [Email] (more from Glen W) on Mon, 28 Oct 2019 06:22:35
2002 Viggen 105K. Suddenly hit limp home mode, barely made it home. Cranks over fine. Won't start. Newer battery
Scanned CEL and checked WIS for the codes present
P1312: Combustion detection cyl 1 & 2 Open Circuit short to B+
P1334: Combustion detection cyl 3 & 4 Open Circuit short to B+
P0340: Camshaft Sensor malfunction
P1230 Throttle Position Sensor 1 & 2 circuit sum out of range
P0455 Large EVAP leak- Has been present for many years with no prior negative impact
So far I have tried or tested the following. I have 2 Viggens, a spare B235R, lots of spare parts
Using Tech 2 (clone), inline spark plug tester, WIS, and some SAAB Factory manuals, lots of internet research
I checked the obvious things- fuses, some relays, grounds that I could find, etc.
1) cranking with key= spark on cyl 1 & 2. no spark cyl 2 & 3.
2) Using TECH 2 (clone) I get spark on all 4 cyl.
3) Using Tech 2- activated Anything that TECH 2 can activate- all 4 injectors, main relay, vacuum solenoid on firewall, got previously non-working EVAP solenoid working by adjusting settings.
4)Replaced plugs- correct NGK- they were close to due.
5) Tried two new (spare) IDM/ DIC. No change
6) Replaced all vacuum lines 2 years ago. Checked them and all look good.
7) Verified 40 PSI fuel pressure
8) Installed used throttle body( cleaned it well) from my former 9-5 Aero.
9) Installed new (spare) Bosch CPS-it was 10 years old (Resistance in spec on both). No change.
10) Installed new (spare) SAAB MAF. No change.
11) Good compression 135-140 each cyl.
1) Check wiring harness for DIC/IDM. WIS describes how related to codes P1312, P1334, P0340- I should have tried that earlier, just found the info in WIS last night.
2) Check for bad grounds, testing voltages, continuity, etc.
3) Learn more about using the TECH 2 and see what else I can diagnose.
4) Test the ECM. I had it flashed to stage 2 approx 4 yrs ago.
Please help. Thoughts and what else I should try. What am I missing?
posted by 66.189.53...
Posts in this Thread:
- 2002 Viggen codes P1312, P1334, P0340, P1230, P0455, Glen W, Mon, 28 Oct 2019 06:22:35 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: 2002 Viggen codes P1312, P1334, P0340, P1230, P0455, Bernie , Tue, 29 Oct 2019 20:13:38
- Re: 2002 Viggen codes P1312, P1334, P0340, P1230, P0455, AlaskanViggen, Mon, 28 Oct 2019 16:13:13
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!