Re: Classic 900 VS NG900/9-3 in accidents... - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I believe that the NG900/OG9-3 had the worst cash test ratings of the SAABs you mentioned. I agree the clasic 900 was a very safe car of its time (1993 and earlier.) I have had accidents in a 1971 99 and 1986 900and although they were not major, I did not even know that I was hit in the '71 99 9I was read ended by a commercial truck sitting at a red light . The bodies absorbed the crash like they should.
The new 9-3SS crash tests very well and the 9-5 is not too shaby. Both have more up to date safety features (more airbags, ABS traction control, stability control and in the case of the 9-3 brake assist
posted by 216.45.211...
Posts in this Thread:
- Classic 900 VS NG900/9-3 in accidents..., AzureBlue, Wed, 2 Nov 2005 14:14:39
- Re: Classic 900 VS NG900/9-3 in accidents..., JimBlake , Thu, 3 Nov 2005 11:50:29
- Re: Classic 900 VS NG900/9-3 in accidents..., Rick D, Thu, 3 Nov 2005 10:02:51
- Re: Classic 900 VS NG900/9-3 in accidents..., GM, Wed, 2 Nov 2005 18:41:44
- Re: Classic 900 VS NG900/9-3 in accidents..., bryan , Wed, 2 Nov 2005 16:50:32 <-- Viewing This Message
- you're safer in the 9-5, Scott Paterson , Wed, 2 Nov 2005 15:17:16
- Very Shortly After the Introduction of the NG900, Ian Glenday , Wed, 2 Nov 2005 14:34:49
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!