Here's Your Deposit - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
7/20 New Member Feature: Fewer Ads in Classifieds & More |
7/20: Saab Convention Photos |
7/11: Saab Photo of the Year Winners |
New Feature: BB Daily Digest Email
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I had to laugh as I'd been recently selling a 2001 Audi S4 and received a similar scam from a guy with limited English. Here was my response. Attached were the supposed directions to the pick up location - a picture that I'd found on google images of a "deposit" in a toilet ...
Wow! That's great. I've been having some difficulty selling the vehicle since it is a specialty car. I've attached directions for the shipper to review to pick up the vehicle, and then, I guess we can go from there. I hope everything is clear. Please let me know if you don't understand them. I would love to meet in person and negotiate this; my patience has run pretty thin with all of the scams etc. If I ever get ahold of one of those guys, I'd probably let my rotweiler have a go at him. I can never seem to get one of them to show up, though.
----- Original Message -----
From: David Peterson
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 7:35 PM
Subject: ( Audi S4) Payment arragement / pick up details
Thanks for the detailed information provided on the purchase of your vehicle in Auto Trader
,am sorry i could not call you as you requested i am out of town on vehicle inspections .Hope the vehicle is oil changed, serviced and ready to go,Please be advised of the urgency of the transaction ,i have just discussed with the customer not long ago regarding payment and pickup arrangements,He explained that there is no much time left considering the purpose of the vehicle and that the debtor company already took more than enough time to release his refund.
He has instructed me to inform you that payment will get to you in a cashier check of $26,700 payment made out to cover the expense of the shipper who will be shipping the vehicle since he would be travelling out of town for business, So you are required to deduct the cost of your vehicle $19,000 when payment is received and send balance of $7,700 to the shippers for him to be able to offset shipping & tax charges, and other cosmetic repair costs.
Upon receiving your payment and balance sent down to the shipper immediately the shipper's agent will come for inspection and pick up (of vehicle & signing of title papers), some cosmetic touches and drive to the prepaid shipper .Confirm this and forward your LEGAL NAMES, ADDRESS and PHONE NUMBER for payment to be made out. Please get back to me within fews hours of receiving my mail to confirm this.I await your favourable response with the required information for payment delivery asap.
Thanks in anticipation of your understanding.
N/B: A copy of bill of sales/agreement will be sent to you after confirmation of this information
posted by 64.136.27...
Posts in this Thread:
- The Over-Pay by Cashier's Check Scam, Scott Paterson , Tue, 13 May 2003 16:18:14
- Re: The Over-Pay by Cashier's Check Scam, alan salsbury, Tue, 29 Dec 2009 08:20:19
- Re: The Over-Pay by Cashier's Check Scam, John Benton, Sun, 12 Oct 2008 12:28:36
- Re: The Over-Pay by Cashier's Check Scam, Kathleen Eldridge, Fri, 14 Mar 2008 07:31:59
- Re: The Over-Pay by Cashier's Check Scam, john connelly, Sun, 15 Apr 2007 09:18:22
- Here's Your Deposit, Pete , Sat, 28 Jan 2006 20:51:41 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: The Over-Pay by Cashier's Check Scam, Chris Auman, Mon, 22 Aug 2005 07:37:36
- Re: The Over-Pay by Cashier's Check Scam, M. Hines, Fri, 13 May 2005 09:08:41
- Be careful when you scam the scammers..., JimBlake , Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:33:45
- This scammer says he is in the UK, Lindsay, Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:55:30
- Re: The Over-Pay by Cashier's Check Scam, don hitt, Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:12:16
- Re: The Over-Pay by Cashier's Check Scam, Helina, Fri, 21 Jan 2005 05:31:50
- Re: The Over-Pay by Cashier's Check Scam, nona nordstog, Fri, 7 Jan 2005 23:18:40
- Nigerian Scam now gone to Korea, Paul Iddon, Mon, 6 Dec 2004 18:14:21
- Re: The Over-Pay by Cashier's Check Scam, richard lacey, Mon, 22 Nov 2004 01:49:41
- Re: The Over-Pay by Cashier's Check Scam, mars, Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:35:23
- Re: The Over-Pay by Cashier's Check Scam, Tim, Fri, 14 May 2004 14:03:37
- Re: The Over-Pay by Cashier's Check Scam, Dave Westlake, Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:04:20
- Re: The Over-Pay by Cashier's Check Scam, Clarence Barnes, Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:42:29
- Re: The Over-Pay by Cashier's Check Scam, paul , Wed, 3 Mar 2004 22:22:00
- Nigerian Scammers Using Hearing Impaired System, Shirley, Tue, 2 Dec 2003 11:53:49
- Re: The Over-Pay by Cashier's Check Scam, Terry, Mon, 17 Nov 2003 13:43:26
- I just Sold My brothers SAAD..., Adam Dawson, Wed, 4 Jun 2003 12:42:22
- Re: commonsense? Where you going to find that?, chudzikb, Thu, 22 May 2003 10:41:34
- Re: The Over-Pay by Cashier's Check Scam, Seung Min Yu, Tue, 20 May 2003 11:26:30
- "Frudster": The new roadster/SUV from Pontiac, Nervousaaber, Sun, 18 May 2003 13:52:54
- Re: The Over-Pay by Cashier's Check Scam, Huzrjim, Fri, 16 May 2003 11:59:26
- Scott, thanks for being sooo Fruitful!, TERRY, Wed, 14 May 2003 20:13:42
- Re: The Over-Pay by Cashier's Check Scam, Jim, Wed, 14 May 2003 18:11:36
- Can we call you Scott, the Fruitful Frudster??, VictorVector, Wed, 14 May 2003 17:07:02
- WHERE IS MY MONEY????, SCOTT JILL, Wed, 14 May 2003 13:57:44
- saad for sale...., Marc Langille, Wed, 14 May 2003 13:21:26
- Vacation ideas, Kevins, Wed, 14 May 2003 11:11:45
- That'll teach him to misspell SAAB,, Nervousaaber, Wed, 14 May 2003 08:06:21
- Thats great! lol... seen on NBC last night, Liam, Wed, 14 May 2003 05:54:15
- Re: The Over-Pay by Cashier's Check Scam, Avanti., Tue, 13 May 2003 20:53:59
- Update: Scammers IP, Scott Paterson , Tue, 13 May 2003 19:32:30
- Awesome story! Check out this link, WASSAAB, Tue, 13 May 2003 18:41:21
- Priceless, Robert Spahr, Tue, 13 May 2003 17:59:42
- that was World Class, great job!!! nm, Bret, Tue, 13 May 2003 17:38:34
- Sweet! n/m, Pete Saab 9-5, Tue, 13 May 2003 17:08:48
- Re: The Over-Pay by Cashier's Check Scam, e smith, Tue, 13 May 2003 17:06:57
- Re: The Over-Pay by Cashier's Check Scam, jc, Tue, 13 May 2003 17:06:20
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!