I don't get the PC==Windows thing... - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
2/5 Saabnet.com T-Shirts All Sent Out! Last Call! |
1/6 Saab Owners' Convention 2023
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
You guessed it, I'm a Linux sysadmin. In a department were 50% of desktops/laptops run OS X and the rest run different flavors of Linux. From the hardware architecture point of view I don't see a much of a difference between Apple and non-Apple x86(_64) machines. As I get copied on all the hardware failure tickets, "apples" don't appear more reliable either, which may sound against the popular belief. Especially for laptops and especially when compared to Thinkpads...
This is not a Linux advocacy. My point is that "PC or Mac" doesn't seem to be fair to PC. Microsoft did not invent PC. They don't make PCs. Perhaps it's MS or Apple, or Windows or OS X.
2011 9^3 Turbo^4 XWD (current)
2007 9^3 2.0T SS
2002 9^3 SE
1998 9^5 2.3t
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- PC to Mac: Smart or Stupid?, Brian, Tue, 22 May 2007 04:58:37
- Re: PC to Mac: Smart or Stupid?, Ari , Fri, 25 May 2007 05:36:14
- Re: PC to Mac: Smart or Stupid?, AeroLady, Thu, 24 May 2007 07:46:48
- Re: PC to Mac: Smart or Stupid?, Fred Williamson, Thu, 24 May 2007 01:26:24
- I don't get the PC==Windows thing..., Sarunas , Wed, 23 May 2007 17:50:31 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: PC to Mac: Smart or Stupid?, Brian, Wed, 23 May 2007 07:24:19
- Mac for sure, KenManiac , Wed, 23 May 2007 06:16:59
- Re: PC to Mac: Smart or Stupid?, Noel, Wed, 23 May 2007 06:16:51
- Get the Mac, but There's a Caveat (or two or three), Roger (NAWC), Wed, 23 May 2007 04:28:20
- Re: PC to Mac: Smart or Stupid?, yaofeng, Tue, 22 May 2007 06:30:15
- Re: PC to Mac: Smart or Stupid?, Nick Reedy, Tue, 22 May 2007 05:38:35
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|Button Ad Available
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!