Backing up your computer -- what do you guys do? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
1/26 Vintage Saab Club of North America Magazine Feature
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I'm still in the midst of doing research but thought to myself "let's see what the guys over at Saabnet do." I'm for the first time backing up my stuff, as I don't want to suffer having to lose it all. I've gone ahead and gotten a 1TB hard drive. I have an iMac and not very much stuff at all (250 gb at most).
Mirror RAID makes an exact copy of what you have. I know it's not "backup" as if something gets messed up in the other drive, it gets copied over to the other. Well, my concern all this time is hard drive failure and this would solve the problem (I've been risking my data all these years from a) hard drive failures b) user error, rare viruses and accidentally deleting stuff...I'm more concerned with a) )
Time machine just annoys me. I don't want the damn thing copying EVERYTHING all the time. In the even something fails, I want my music, my movies, my files and that's all. Applications I download and the rest follows.
Since I have a 1TB drive, fixing a AND b would be nice. What do you guys do about this?
Thanks for sharing.
2001 9-3 Viggen Laser Red 5 door 44k miles
2000 9-3 SE Midnight Blue 5 door (Sold)
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Backing up your computer -- what do you guys do?, bender , Thu, 7 Apr 2011 18:07:19 <-- Viewing This Message
- network backup, jp498, Fri, 8 Apr 2011 16:55:55
- Re: Nas, AeroDave, Fri, 8 Apr 2011 15:11:03
- Super Duper, AlS, Fri, 8 Apr 2011 10:42:10
- Re: Backing up your computer -- what do you guys do?, Drake, Fri, 8 Apr 2011 09:35:27
- I use One Touch Back-up, KB88900T, Fri, 8 Apr 2011 08:18:02
- Image backups, Raction95Aero , Fri, 8 Apr 2011 07:09:16
- Sync Toy, TG, Fri, 8 Apr 2011 06:39:39
- External Firewire/USB drives., Noel , Fri, 8 Apr 2011 06:31:04
- External USB drives, JerseySaab , Thu, 7 Apr 2011 19:34:05
- Re: Backing up your computer -- what do you guys do?, Steve T,, Thu, 7 Apr 2011 19:25:12
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!