Remember Lafayette? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
1/6 Saab Owners' Convention 2023
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
At least in the Northeast, Lafayette Radio Electronics was bigger than Radio Shack during the 1960s. I still have a couple of Lafayette reel-to-reel recorders, and a pair of Lafayette "Criterion" bookshelf speakers. Used to buy all kinds of electronic kits and components at the local Lafayette store.
As far as Radio Shack audio stuff, I still have a "Realistic" brand turntable in the living room which is actually an Elac Miracord model 40 made in West Germany. (This thing has a cast aluminum platter that must weigh in at 6 or 7 pounds.)
posted by 70.90....
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- OT: rad** shack, brick8, Sun, 19 Jun 2011 16:41:51
- Wow - well preserved catalogs; major memory lane!, AeroBaron, Mon, 20 Jun 2011 22:21:05
- Remember Lafayette?, JerseySaab , Tue, 21 Jun 2011 07:19:30 <-- Viewing This Message
- beauty!, Les_H, Tue, 21 Jun 2011 07:01:25
- Awesome link!, Eric, Tue, 21 Jun 2011 02:01:34
- Seconded!, Eric Law, Tue, 21 Jun 2011 05:26:02
- so sad...., Dean C, Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:25:41
- Re: OT: rad** shack, TML , Mon, 20 Jun 2011 09:25:08
- Re: OT: rad** shack, William, Mon, 20 Jun 2011 09:06:40
- The one near me is OK., Noel, Mon, 20 Jun 2011 07:24:59
- Have they stopped grilling customers at checkout, AeroBaron, Sun, 19 Jun 2011 21:46:23
- I used to work for RS..., Eric, Sun, 19 Jun 2011 19:30:59
- Re: OT: rad** shack, James, Sun, 19 Jun 2011 18:36:01
- For a good time..., JerseySaab , Sun, 19 Jun 2011 18:13:51
- Agree wholeheartedly!, Skip, Sun, 19 Jun 2011 17:37:02
- Re: OT: rad** shack, SWEDECAR , Sun, 19 Jun 2011 17:17:22
- Another retail victim of our times I suppose, MI-Roger , Sun, 19 Jun 2011 16:49:01
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|Button Ad Available
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!