but I *like* to drive like I drive a Saab! - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
1/3 Saabnet.com Member of the Year: DougM
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
poking along in an SUV is a life sucking experience imho. With bikes on the roof of the Acadia, and keeping the speed reasonable, we got about 11-14mpg on the highway. With the 9-5 loaded with all the same stuff on the same highway, and booting along faster, we were in the 22-25mpg range (the hillier sections were more fuel consuming for both)...
One thing though is that if you can fit *everything* inside an SUV (eg bikes inside), you get closer to the rated mpg... so it could in principle do as well as a car with better fuel economy that would need to pile stuff on the roof to achieve the same result. What is cool with many Saabs is that most of the stuff that will fit in an SUV will also fit in them... and conversely, eg it's hard to fit a bunch of bikes inside an SUV that already has gear for 4 for a long trip...
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Perspective, Dan-O, Fri, 7 Jun 2013 05:23:17
- Re: Tardis, Dave Chicago, Sun, 9 Jun 2013 09:40:57
- On the other hand..., IrieTom , Sat, 8 Jun 2013 04:07:32
- Just 7 more cu ft of cargo than the SAAB wagon., Norm9-5, Fri, 7 Jun 2013 19:12:38
- If you think the vehicle is large..., ELaw , Fri, 7 Jun 2013 14:16:30
- Exploders..., Mike Lynch , Fri, 7 Jun 2013 10:41:24
- Re: Perspective, Name Left Blank, Fri, 7 Jun 2013 08:40:25
- Re: Perspective, Snowmobile , Fri, 7 Jun 2013 07:04:23
- We went from a '96 Exploder to a '03 9-5 wagon., Noel , Fri, 7 Jun 2013 06:57:04
- Re: Perspective, westernny, Fri, 7 Jun 2013 05:39:23
- Minis, Kristjan , Fri, 7 Jun 2013 09:40:04
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!