what brand faucet? what model? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
8/29 How to Make Amazon.com Pay Saabnet! |
8/23 Video: 1987 Saab Lineup |
8/11 SimpliSafe Security System Review |
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
if it's a pretty standard brand you might be able to get a cartridge or washers at the home depot (or equivalent). Some of them even have a lifetime warranty! All you do is remove the knob and cover plate trim and then it is usually pretty obvious how to remove the cartridge. Does not require much plumbing skill and no soldering. Just a few screws and possibly some fighting to pull it out... compared to fixing cars it's pretty easy. Obviously, you want to turn off the shutoff valves first of course! Replacing the whole valve assembly will most likely require much more effort (especially if you have trouble finding a new one you like that fits the hole in the case of a ceramic wall).
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 14 Oct 2013 16:39:46
- Possibly a solution..., Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 14:40:19
- **** just got real..., Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 20:56:50
- Did some searching..., Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 10:19:11
- Re: **** just got real..., Snowmobile , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 07:13:06
- diy video., Snowmobile , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 07:24:29
- Re: **** just got real..., Larry West , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 06:15:18
- It's one of *those*, RS , Wed, 16 Oct 2013 06:04:03
- Two, Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 20:58:50
- One, Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 20:57:39
- Willing to bet it's the valve in the shower handle..., MikeinVT , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 12:54:14
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, Craig, Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:51:43
- It gets better., Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:16:22
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, dtechakacheaptech, Tue, 15 Oct 2013 07:00:58
- Try a different shower head?, B Millar , Tue, 15 Oct 2013 05:18:35
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, andym, Mon, 14 Oct 2013 17:45:33
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, AdamSAAB2kAero , Mon, 14 Oct 2013 17:43:16
- Re: OT: Odd Shower + Hot Water + Tankless Heater Issue, dmz789qqq, Mon, 14 Oct 2013 17:38:04
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|M Car Covers
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!