Re: OT: Fake euro style license plates in the US - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
10/20 Breaking News: SAAB Opens Plant in Indiana |
10/13 Saabnet.com Celebrates 33 Years on the Internet! |
9/29 Photo of the Year Open Submissions
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
It's illegal in California; you must display your license plate on the front and rear bumpers.
I got a 16V Scirocco on tourist delivery in the late-80s and, once it arrived in the US, drove it off the dealer's lot with the oval German 'Zoll' plates on it for a few days until I could get to the DMV to get California plates.
A local gendarme pulled me over and confiscated the plates. When I protested since I was on my way to the DMV that morning I was told to get lost or he'd write me a ticket.
Saw one of my exact plates on a teenager's Honda a few months later. I assume it was the cop's kid.
->Posting last edited on Sun, 2 Feb 2014 08:15:33.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- OT: Fake euro style license plates in the US, MI-Roger , Sun, 2 Feb 2014 05:53:45
- Re: OT: Fake euro style license plates in the US, wmtunate, Mon, 3 Feb 2014 19:31:38
- Thanks, you validated my suspicions/fears, MI-Roger , Mon, 3 Feb 2014 16:05:57
- Never had an issue, turrbo , Mon, 3 Feb 2014 11:51:33
- Re: OT: Fake euro style license plates in the US, Craig, Mon, 3 Feb 2014 10:09:26
- Re: OT: Fake euro style license plates in the US, cgwiz , Sun, 2 Feb 2014 16:28:19
- Re: OT: Fake euro style license plates in the US, EGD , Sun, 2 Feb 2014 08:14:49 <-- Viewing This Message
- 2 plate state here...but, GFW3pedals , Sun, 2 Feb 2014 06:50:12
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!