Re: Stranded cars - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Re: Stranded cars
Posted by Skip (more from Skip) on Wed, 9 Jul 2014 05:03:41
In Reply to: Re: Stranded cars, BobS, Tue, 8 Jul 2014 20:39:06
Yep, I think that is why manufacturers are now having the low fuel light come on when there is more fuel in the tank. Seems they come on now in some cars when there are two or more gallons in the tank.
Remember the days of the 'reserve' tank? That's what we used to call it...
My current vehicle (non-Saab) has the light come on when the MTE display shows 30 miles. The miles go away and "low fuel" comes on...kind of sucks if you're in a desperate situation between exits if you didn't catch miles when it came on ;-}
posted by 76.179.165...
Posts in this Thread:
- Do not see vehicles disabled any more, Dean, Tue, 8 Jul 2014 14:59:31
- Everybody has a cellphone now ..., dmz789qqq, Thu, 10 Jul 2014 06:11:28
- Hijack alert! -n/m, Dean, Sun, 13 Jul 2014 07:53:04
- No, not everybody. Not me. n/m, SWEDECAR , Thu, 10 Jul 2014 07:27:15
- Just curious - why not?, dmz789qqq, Thu, 10 Jul 2014 11:20:33
- Haven't found a need for it yet., SWEDECAR , Thu, 10 Jul 2014 11:46:09
- Have I got a deal for you...., EricG, Sat, 12 Jul 2014 11:42:47
- By the way,, Name Left Blank, Sun, 13 Jul 2014 13:32:42
- Smart phone is a truly incredible tool, No Snaab, Thu, 10 Jul 2014 17:04:51
- Electronic work tether, MI-Roger , Thu, 10 Jul 2014 14:46:30
- you're not trying hard enough, DE , Thu, 10 Jul 2014 13:23:49
- Re: No, not everybody. Not me. n/m, EGD , Thu, 10 Jul 2014 09:18:01
- another data point..., kooch, Wed, 9 Jul 2014 08:51:43
- Potholes are the new villain, Ultimated , Wed, 9 Jul 2014 05:11:19
- More and quicker tow truck services, SWEDECAR , Tue, 8 Jul 2014 15:41:27
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!