Re: The apathetic attitude of Govt and Mnfgrs infuriates me - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Takata was fined $70m by the US last fall and is under threat of additional fines if the recalls aren't done in a timely fashion. IIRC Chrysler/Fiat was fined for taking too long to enact gas tanks recalls in older Jeeps.
In the US gov agencies have to work with certain practical constraints in recalls and enforcing penalties - such as mfg capacity, financial resilience and ability of dealer networks to enact repairs.
Honda is likely going to be fined for failure to report knowledge of a safety defect to the NHTSA - be interesting to see what amount.
Posts in this Thread:
- Airbag recall notice, Rogerhs, Wed, 30 Mar 2016 06:18:24
- Re: What now?, TriCitySam, Sat, 2 Apr 2016 12:35:42
- My 9-2X Recall - 9-3 SportCombi Letter - Airbag Thread, Scott Paterson , Wed, 30 Mar 2016 14:14:10
- Re: Airbag recall notice, Gene N , Wed, 30 Mar 2016 10:11:58
- Re: Airbag recall notice, SWEDECAR , Wed, 30 Mar 2016 08:57:44
- Re: Airbag recall notice, Flyboy , Wed, 30 Mar 2016 06:22:43
- The apathetic attitude of Govt and Mnfgrs infuriates me, MI-Roger , Wed, 30 Mar 2016 09:39:24
- lomg tradition, DE , Fri, 1 Apr 2016 15:03:12
- Re: The apathetic attitude of Govt and Mnfgrs infuriates me, JerseySaab , Thu, 31 Mar 2016 16:36:44
- Toyota is taking action:" Do not sit here", cheaptech , Thu, 31 Mar 2016 09:01:59
- Re: The apathetic attitude of Govt and Mnfgrs infuriates me, cheaptech , Wed, 30 Mar 2016 11:50:41
- Re: The apathetic attitude of Govt and Mnfgrs infuriates me, Keith, Wed, 30 Mar 2016 10:27:491
- Re: The apathetic attitude of Govt and Mnfgrs infuriates me, cheaptech , Wed, 30 Mar 2016 11:21:35 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Sad, Tom G , Fri, 1 Apr 2016 10:07:06
- Re: Sad, cheaptech , Fri, 1 Apr 2016 10:35:32
- Re: Sad, cheaptech , Fri, 1 Apr 2016 10:30:05
- Re: Sad, JerseySaab , Fri, 1 Apr 2016 15:22:56
- Re: Sad, cheaptech , Fri, 1 Apr 2016 15:37:46
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!