I asked this same question - answer - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
There's a larger thread on the Takata Airbag Recall on this BB here: http://www.saabnet.com/tsn/bb/general/index.html?bID=284774
In it, I asked this same question - actually, should we disable our airbag. There are some good answers (basically, no) in the articles I link to in the post linked below.
1973 Saab Sonett III (Current)
1983 Saab 900 Turbo
1985 Saab 900 Sedan
1990 Saab 900
1992 Saab 900S
1999 Saab 9-3 Turbo
2005 Saab 9-2X Aero (RIP 95K/Accident-guy ran stop sign)
2005 Saab 9-2X Aero (Current)
2007 Saab 9-3 SportCombi (Wife's)
2010 Saab 9-3X Wagon (Wife's)
Winner 1996 Saab Owners Convention Rally Novice Class
Winner 1999 Saab Owners Convention Rally (All Classes)
Posts in this Thread:
- Airbag recall notice, Rogerhs, Wed, 30 Mar 2016 06:18:24
- Re: What now?, TriCitySam, Sat, 2 Apr 2016 12:35:42
- My 9-2X Recall - 9-3 SportCombi Letter - Airbag Thread, Scott Paterson , Wed, 30 Mar 2016 14:14:10
- Re: Airbag recall notice, Gene N , Wed, 30 Mar 2016 10:11:58
- Re: Airbag recall notice, SWEDECAR , Wed, 30 Mar 2016 08:57:44
- Re: Airbag recall notice, Flyboy , Wed, 30 Mar 2016 06:22:43
- The apathetic attitude of Govt and Mnfgrs infuriates me, MI-Roger , Wed, 30 Mar 2016 09:39:24
- lomg tradition, DE , Fri, 1 Apr 2016 15:03:12
- Re: The apathetic attitude of Govt and Mnfgrs infuriates me, JerseySaab , Thu, 31 Mar 2016 16:36:44
- Toyota is taking action:" Do not sit here", cheaptech , Thu, 31 Mar 2016 09:01:59
- Re: The apathetic attitude of Govt and Mnfgrs infuriates me, cheaptech , Wed, 30 Mar 2016 11:50:41
- Re: The apathetic attitude of Govt and Mnfgrs infuriates me, Keith, Wed, 30 Mar 2016 10:27:491
- Re: The apathetic attitude of Govt and Mnfgrs infuriates me, cheaptech , Wed, 30 Mar 2016 11:21:35
- Re: Sad, Tom G , Fri, 1 Apr 2016 10:07:06
- Re: Sad, cheaptech , Fri, 1 Apr 2016 10:35:32
- Re: Sad, cheaptech , Fri, 1 Apr 2016 10:30:05
- Re: Sad, JerseySaab , Fri, 1 Apr 2016 15:22:56
- Re: Sad, cheaptech , Fri, 1 Apr 2016 15:37:46
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!