Very True! There is still free broadcast TV. - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Very True! There is still free broadcast TV.
Posted by Cary (more from Cary) on Wed, 9 Nov 2016 16:49:04
In Reply to: Re: Who still has a tube TV - that they still use?, andym, Mon, 7 Nov 2016 16:55:18
As JerseySaab said, it's not as resilient as old-school analog broadcast
tv from days gone by, but you can still get network broadcast (news, network series, sports) free over the air in many places.
We have a flat square powered antenna that just goes up on top of a
bookshelf in the TV room. Most channels work ok, some are a bit flakey.
In DC there are a whole bunch of interesting stations like Russian and
Japanese news TV and Chinese culture stations, as well as the major
networks and PBS.
To be honest, we don't watch much network tv. I follow 2 or 3 shows,
and I do watch the home team football games. And it was nice to see
the Cubs win!
posted by 38.104.58...
Posts in this Thread:
- Who still has a tube TV - that they still use?, Dean, Mon, 7 Nov 2016 12:09:32
- I've got two., EricG, Sun, 13 Nov 2016 20:01:14
- Re: Who still has a tube TV - that they still use?, JTRI , Wed, 9 Nov 2016 10:27:44
- Re: Who still has a tube TV - that they still use?, mlc , Tue, 8 Nov 2016 07:30:44
- 30" Panasonic, JMJinNC, Tue, 8 Nov 2016 06:38:19
- Re: Who still has a tube TV - that they still use?, Cary, Mon, 7 Nov 2016 15:21:43
- Still use them every day, JerseySaab , Mon, 7 Nov 2016 13:34:42
- Re: Who still has a tube TV - that they still use?, BarryMabel , Mon, 7 Nov 2016 13:00:50
- Re: Who still has a tube TV - that they still use?, IndySaaber , Mon, 7 Nov 2016 12:59:50
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!