Thinking about scheduling a Saab Meet in early August - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
One day only, maybe 10 to 4, lunch provided, isolated end of public park, maybe a couple presenters too. Venue rental, Event Insurance, Catering, Signs, Park Passes, estimated cost of other misc items, all combine to place the per head cost at around $30 each with a target of 60 participants.
Is this too high? Don't know what is common.
Activity ideas that I am considering:
- If held on August 4th we could arrive en masse at the Ypsilanti Garage to look at the Ferraris, Porsches, Cobras, etc., and bug everyone there by asking why there are no Saabs. (this is the same garage where David E Davis Jr kept his car collection - if you don't know don't ask)
- The organizer of the Ypsi Garage Open Houses may be able to schedule his guest speaker to be someone with Saab knowledge - a stretch but never hurts to ask.
- Orio has their Administrative HQ about 45 miles away and they may be enticed to come with a table and canopy.
- I have two Saabs which require new seat covers installed. A local shop has a good upholstery reputation so they may be willing to do the work on my car(s) in the park so as to lure additional customers for the same service. I have the 9-3 seat cushion skin in hand, still need the seat and back cushion skins for my 9-5 Aero.
- A former Saab Dealer ~60 miles away now concentrates in selling vintage Saabs and doing service on all Saabs. They may be willing to bring a couple cars and lots of business cards for a group of Saab aficionados.
- Local Saab Specialty Garage (where I take my cars) may be willing to do a Q & A session, or describe specific service, or how to use a Tech-II for diagnostics.
- A local Import Car Parts Store who sells many European lubricants and parts might be willing to set up a table and canopy.
Location would target Saabers in Southern MI, N-W Ohio, N-E Indiana, and anyone else who wants to drive to Ypsilanti MI.
->Posting last edited on Wed, 26 Apr 2017 17:18:24.
2008 9-5 Aero Sedan, sold at 227K miles
2006 9-3SC 2.0T - Wife's daily driver
2000 Viggen Convertible - Summer Fun Car
1964 Quantum IV Formula Car - Retirement project
2000 9-5lpt Sedan, sold at 318K miles
Posts in this Thread:
- Thinking about scheduling a Saab Meet in early August, MI-Roger , Wed, 26 Apr 2017 15:35:35 <-- Viewing This Message1
- 90+% confident this will now happen, MI-Roger , Tue, 2 May 2017 14:03:56
- Re: Thinking about scheduling a Saab Meet in early August, Bill Homer, Tue, 2 May 2017 09:38:10
- Re: Thinking about scheduling a Saab Meet in early August, David in Michigan, Tue, 2 May 2017 09:06:28
- Re: Thinking about scheduling a Saab Meet in early August, Rick Gienapp, Mon, 1 May 2017 17:20:35
- Re: Thinking about scheduling a Saab Meet in early August, Michael Grant, Mon, 1 May 2017 16:19:37
- Re: Thinking about scheduling a Saab Meet in early August, RodM, Mon, 1 May 2017 16:04:46
- Re: Thinking about scheduling a Saab Meet in early August, JTPisula, Sat, 29 Apr 2017 07:56:53
- Re: Thinking about scheduling a Saab Meet in early August, Bernie , Fri, 28 Apr 2017 19:26:47
- Re: It's pretty nice of you to consider this, Tom G , Fri, 28 Apr 2017 16:48:17
- Re: Thinking about scheduling a Saab Meet in early August, seth1065 , Fri, 28 Apr 2017 13:27:27
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!