Re: Not apples to apples a saab replacement was the idea - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
well, I was just suggesting it is an exciting car to own and drive and there are no more new Saabs available obviously and many people are considering replacements, many have discussed what they would buy or have bought so I nominated the Alfa! It is quirky in a very Saab like way and very fast did not intend to offend or upset anyone, buy or don't buy what you like ! PS my wife just drove it a hundred + miles to Tucson, and loved it ! - She loved her 99' 9-3 SE convertible too ! She loves the 01' 9-5 she uses as a DD to work and back. I have to disagree with what you said modern cars like the alfa are quite easy to work on you just hook them up to a diagnostic device and basically, they self diagnose gee, kinda like a Saab w/ a tech 2 !( and you can buy a great Chinese Tech 2 copy for about 250$ !) and yes you still have to be a mechanic, I am , and frankly IMHO it is exciting and thrilling to be able to work on cars now they still need repairs just not so often now as the old ones ! Yes some things you may need to refer to a dealer, Saab or other brand indie specialist IME they are more than willing to work w/pro or DIY to help as much or as little as needed
Posts in this Thread:
- a great saab replacement ! a quirky supercar ! Alfa Romeo, neil dale , Fri, 1 Feb 2019 13:23:041
- Alfa sales are up 133%!, No Snaab, Thu, 7 Feb 2019 04:10:11
- Re: a great saab replacement ! a quirky supercar ! Alfa Romeo, Randy Thatcher , Mon, 4 Feb 2019 05:11:12
- If you want interesting cars, SOMEBODY has to buy them, No Snaab, Sun, 3 Feb 2019 05:53:05
- Re: a great saab replacement ! a quirky supercar ! Alfa Romeo, stopsaabn , Sun, 3 Feb 2019 04:02:18
- All well and good, but..., JerseySaab , Fri, 1 Feb 2019 18:21:57
- Oddly low pricing on used Giulias in the Detroit area, MI-Roger , Fri, 1 Feb 2019 15:31:23
- Nice, but also 3X+ cost of my brand new Saab..., Scott Paterson , Fri, 1 Feb 2019 15:00:31
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!