Re: Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, et all - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
We bought our 02' Viggen sight unseen ( except photos ) years ago from California and had it shipped here as we were busy. We proposed and paid the seller an immediate 1K $ deposit NOTE !- An important strategy as it locks the car out from other would-be buyers! ( Deposit was refundable ) w/ the understanding that upon passing a PPI ( pre-purchase inspection - that we paid for,) at a Saab indie shop, we would pay the balance. Now ,it helps to be able to check out the seller! He was the original owner, ( verified by calling the dealer ) and was a professional, an executive at a prominent winery! ( easily verified, called them ! ) We put the $ in a temporary escrow acct at a mutual bank ( Wells Fargo ) and when the transport driver called us and said the car was loaded on the transport truck, and the title was signed, #'s matched etc we released the $ w/ a phone call to the bank! happy ending! The bank charged us .... nothing! Now when the LLC we have a slight relationship to, bought a Ferrari F430 a few months ago,. they just deposited a ck for $130K+ in the seller's bank acct ! and the car was put on a transporter and the title sent a couple weeks later -( the state had it ) apparently in the rarified world of supercars, folks just kinda trust each other and this is common we're told!( The seller was a renowned attorney and former police commissioner though! ) LOL
->Posting last edited on Mon, 25 Feb 2019 15:00:04.
Posts in this Thread:
- Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, Scott Paterson , Mon, 2 May 2016 16:48:01
- Re: Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, 900T , Fri, 29 Mar 2019 10:46:51
- Certified Check or certified check plus cash, Scott Paterson , Wed, 20 Mar 2019 18:37:53
- Re: Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, et all, neil dale , Mon, 25 Feb 2019 14:48:15 <-- Viewing This Message
- Escrow.com, Scott Paterson , Sat, 7 Apr 2018 10:38:48
- Bank Wire, Scott Paterson , Thu, 20 Apr 2017 15:05:44
- Escrow.com, Scott Paterson , Mon, 31 Oct 2016 15:32:39
- Re: Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, Dean, Thu, 5 May 2016 08:05:17
- Certified check + call to bank, RodM, Wed, 4 May 2016 14:33:451
- Been on both ends..., Skip, Tue, 3 May 2016 17:28:26
- the downsides of cash, Snowmobile , Tue, 3 May 2016 07:43:16
- Re: Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, Dan-O, Tue, 3 May 2016 06:29:34
- As you said, cash is king, JerseySaab , Mon, 2 May 2016 17:31:12
- Re: Acceptable Payment Forms for Selling Saabs, NCCaniac , Mon, 2 May 2016 17:03:10
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!