Volvo is on my hate list now! - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
the point is it is part of a larger "conspiracy " - if you like to limit ALL cars to 113 MPH ! That the Europeans via the Euro parliament are trying to impose on ALL cars. It is NOT just a Volvo initiative, tho they are seemingly jumping on board to appear GREEN and socially responsible . The Euro nonsense in the guise of "pedestrian saftey " has already totally ruined car styling as per the car designers as All car hoods ( bonnets in UK ) had to be raised to allow clearance between hard parts and hapless folks who walk in front of cars ! .....................BTW as someone who HAS been hit by a car and flown 50" thru the air ( I was hit in a crosswalk- I had the right of way !)those hood clearance regs do little good ! I got a broken arm when my arm went thru the windsheild ! Even benign Aero parts like the GM Chevy Camaro are BANNED in europe due to these moronic regulations ! -
Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE Won't Be Sold in Europe Because the Aerodynamics Are "Too Dangerous "
The extra bodywork on the fastest Camaro ever makes it hazardous to European pedestrians.
BY ERIC BRANDTSEPTEMBER 5, 2017
2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LEJESSICA LYNN WALKER/CHEVROLET
The 650-horsepower Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE, the boss of the sixth-generation Camaros, will not be available in Europe. You might think it’s because of limited availability, low demand, or emissions, but it’s for a much weirder reason. According to a feature from Motor Trend, the ZL1 1LE is illegal to sell in Europe because the aerodynamic bodywork is too "dangerous" for pedestrians.
A weapon on the track, Europe is worried this car would quite literally be a weapon on the street. Additional bodywork exclusive to the ZL1 1LE includes a huge front splitter and dive planes which serve a functional purpose in improving downforce and cooling. The fact that it all makes the car look badass is just a bonus.
Unfortunately, those extra wings and blades sticking out of the Camaro’s beautiful face are just too extreme for European roads. Getting hit by a standard Camaro would be bad enough, but to get run over by a ZL1 1LE would ruin your whole day with that extra bodywork attacking you, according to the report.
If these aero mods were purely cosmetic, it would be easy for Chevy to bust them off or just swap out the front end with a regular Camaro to make it legal in Europe. However, since it’s all functional and pretty important for making the ZL1 1LE the car that it is, this beauty just won’t fly across the pond.
The Camaro ZL1 1LE eats up the Nurburgring in just 7:16.04, which is 16 seconds faster than a Shelby Mustang GT350 R. The track is where this car was born—and unfortunately, that’s where it will stay as far as Europe is concerned. Our friends in Europe will have to settle for the "milquetoast" Camaro ZL1 without the 1LE track package.
Posts in this Thread:
- Volvo is on my hate list now!, neil dale , Sun, 14 Apr 2019 04:06:431
- Best description of Volvo, Notnoel , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 06:50:522
- My experience..., Scott Paterson , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 08:40:451
- Re: My experience..., SWEDECAR , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 13:38:441
- s40, Snowmobile , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 11:36:311
- Re: s40, Scott Paterson , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 13:10:16
- Re: My experience..., EGD , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 11:29:071
- Volvo is on my hate list now!, Snowmobile , Mon, 15 Apr 2019 19:07:53
- Re: Volvo consider a Alfa Romeo instead it is superlative !, neil dale , Mon, 15 Apr 2019 21:28:16
- wowo ! Canada is a bad place to go fast ! EH ?, neil dale , Mon, 15 Apr 2019 20:03:59
- it's not the fines, it's the pot holes!, Snowmobile , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 04:24:46
- Re: it's not the fines, it's the pot holes!, EGD , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 11:44:29
- Re: it's not the fines, it's the pot holes!, RS , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 04:55:29
- better image..., Snowmobile , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 04:27:312
- Volvo is on my hate list now!, QuietTide , Mon, 15 Apr 2019 15:49:43
- Volvo is on my hate list now!, steve, Mon, 15 Apr 2019 06:01:25
- Since when do we talk politics on this site?, No Snaab, Mon, 15 Apr 2019 04:57:50
- Re: No Saab, thank you, Tom G , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 09:04:02
- Further agreement..., Scott Paterson , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 05:50:12
- Agreed, I've deleted some posts, Scott Paterson , Mon, 15 Apr 2019 14:18:15
- BUT! here is some great news ! glad i'm not far fr California !, neil dale , Mon, 15 Apr 2019 01:03:341
- Volvo is on my hate list now!, EGD , Sun, 14 Apr 2019 09:23:12
- Volvo is on my hate list now!, neil dale , Mon, 15 Apr 2019 14:39:48 <-- Viewing This Message
- Volvo is on my hate list now!, Justin VanAbrahams , Sun, 14 Apr 2019 20:03:48
- Volvo is on my hate list now!, neil dale , Mon, 15 Apr 2019 00:56:53
- This is not a real issue..., Scott Paterson , Mon, 15 Apr 2019 14:15:55
- Volvo is on my hate list now!, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 15 Apr 2019 08:34:30
- Indeed!, AeroDave , Mon, 22 Apr 2019 10:02:54
- Re: Bravo, well said. n/m, Tom G , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 09:07:42
- Volvo is on my hate list now!, neil dale , Mon, 15 Apr 2019 11:50:31
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!