it's not the fines, it's the pot holes! - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Seriously, you wouldn't be driving that Ferrari 100mph anywhere in these parts this time of year. Even ignoring all the salt (piles of it everywhere still), all the roads look like this:
50km/h over the limit is considered street racing and gets an automatic impound and $10k fine:
"For a first conviction, a driver can be slapped with six demerit points, a maximum license suspension of two years, and up to six months in jail. Courts can also impose a driver licence suspension of up to 10 years for a second conviction"
That is 150km/h on most highways which is 93mph, though cops would have to have some margin of error, ie register a larger speed than that on the gun (not sure the amount) for it to hold up in court (they typically fine you for a speed less than you were going). The gotcha is there are highways that quickly switch from 100km/h to 70km/h but look almost the same (multi-lane divided)... so someone driving 120km/h (a typically normal flow of much traffic on a 100km/h section) is at risk of a street racing fine if they miss a sign (though to be fair, the faster you are going, the more alert one should be)... there have been "grandma" street racing charges as a result.
Track day is the best way to test the performance of your cars and driving skills. It is a controlled environment with appropriate safety considerations, and possibly more interesting driving experience anyway.
Posts in this Thread:
- Volvo is on my hate list now!, neil dale , Sun, 14 Apr 2019 04:06:431
- Best description of Volvo, Notnoel , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 06:50:522
- My experience..., Scott Paterson , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 08:40:451
- Re: My experience..., SWEDECAR , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 13:38:441
- s40, Snowmobile , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 11:36:311
- Re: s40, Scott Paterson , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 13:10:16
- Re: My experience..., EGD , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 11:29:071
- Volvo is on my hate list now!, Snowmobile , Mon, 15 Apr 2019 19:07:53
- Re: Volvo consider a Alfa Romeo instead it is superlative !, neil dale , Mon, 15 Apr 2019 21:28:16
- wowo ! Canada is a bad place to go fast ! EH ?, neil dale , Mon, 15 Apr 2019 20:03:59
- it's not the fines, it's the pot holes!, Snowmobile , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 04:24:46 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: it's not the fines, it's the pot holes!, EGD , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 11:44:29
- Re: it's not the fines, it's the pot holes!, RS , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 04:55:29
- better image..., Snowmobile , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 04:27:312
- Volvo is on my hate list now!, QuietTide , Mon, 15 Apr 2019 15:49:43
- Volvo is on my hate list now!, steve, Mon, 15 Apr 2019 06:01:25
- Since when do we talk politics on this site?, No Snaab, Mon, 15 Apr 2019 04:57:50
- Re: No Saab, thank you, Tom G , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 09:04:02
- Further agreement..., Scott Paterson , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 05:50:12
- Agreed, I've deleted some posts, Scott Paterson , Mon, 15 Apr 2019 14:18:15
- BUT! here is some great news ! glad i'm not far fr California !, neil dale , Mon, 15 Apr 2019 01:03:341
- Volvo is on my hate list now!, EGD , Sun, 14 Apr 2019 09:23:12
- Volvo is on my hate list now!, neil dale , Mon, 15 Apr 2019 14:39:48
- Volvo is on my hate list now!, Justin VanAbrahams , Sun, 14 Apr 2019 20:03:48
- Volvo is on my hate list now!, neil dale , Mon, 15 Apr 2019 00:56:53
- This is not a real issue..., Scott Paterson , Mon, 15 Apr 2019 14:15:55
- Volvo is on my hate list now!, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 15 Apr 2019 08:34:30
- Indeed!, AeroDave , Mon, 22 Apr 2019 10:02:54
- Re: Bravo, well said. n/m, Tom G , Tue, 16 Apr 2019 09:07:42
- Volvo is on my hate list now!, neil dale , Mon, 15 Apr 2019 11:50:31
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!