Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 15:54:52 GMT
From: David M. Arnold <darnoldnopsampc.com>
Subject: Case Study: Headliner part 2/6


Headliner Replacement: A Case Study (part 2 of 6) 2: Materials We purchased 2 yards of headliner fabric (60" wide) from a local automotive upholstery shop. This material is a close but not perfect match to the original material, and has a 1/4" polyurethane foam backing. We also purchased 2/3 yard of material with 1/8" foam backing to recover the sunroof lid. The sunroof requires thinner material so that it won't bind the mechanism. For adhesive, we purchased a couple of 1 lb cans of 3M Super-77 spray adhesive. Total cost of materials came to around $70.00. 3: Disassembly Removing the headliner was relatively easy: We unscrewed all the headliner "furniture" (visors, visor clips, assist bars, dome lamps). We removed one side pillar. The front windshield pillars do not have to be removed (they are a bitch, anyway), nor do the rear quarter panels. Then, we pulled the trim from around the opening of the sunroof and two retainer clips by the hatch hinges, folded the front seats forward, and folded down the rear seat, and removed the parcel shelf. The headliner shell dropped easily and we slid it out the hatch. Next we removed the sunroof assembly: We disconnected the 4 drain hoses, and removed the bolts holding up the sunroof. It also came out the hatch. (continued in Part 3)... Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

Return to Main Index

The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2019 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
For usage guidelines, see the Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page.
[Contact | Site Map | Saabnet.com on Facebook | Saabnet.com on Twitter | Shop Amazon via TSN | Site Donations]