NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|Vintage Models Bulletin Board|
I was contacted by a Saab owner (Emmett) who has come across a company that is willing to make molds and reproduce SAAB Model 96 turn signal lenses and if there are enough owners who want them, the price could be as low as $50 per lens. His original message to me is below. I told him that I'd post the info online and see what the demand might be so he could see if it was worthwhile to proceed. Please post if you would be interested in these? There is no need to register or to have an account here to post, just hit submit!
Scott, Today I came across a company that is willing to reproduce SAAB 96 turn signal lenses, both kinds for the front as well as tail light lenses. Before they produce the molds to reproduce the lenses they would like some sort of an idea as to how many people would be interested in buying them. I am sending them the lenses for them to mold from. If they get a good response the cost will be reasonable, say, in the neighborhood of $50 per lens. If the response is not so good, the price will be higher or they may not be rerpoduced at all.
How can we go about getting the word out and some sort of a count as to number of buyers that might be interested for the initial run? I have found that decent lenses are almost impossible to find, and that just so so ones are pretty spendy. I was able to get his last two NOS lenses for a 67 front turn signal for $56 including shipping.
Thanks for your efforts and your time. I know the job is pretty thankless.
1973 Saab Sonett III (Current)
1983 Saab 900 Turbo
1985 Saab 900 Sedan
1990 Saab 900
1992 Saab 900S
1999 Saab 9-3 Turbo
2005 Saab 9-2X Aero (RIP 95K/Accident-guy ran stop sign)
2005 Saab 9-2X Aero (Current)
2007 Saab 9-3 SportCombi (Wife's)
2010 Saab 9-3X Wagon (Wife's)
Winner 1996 Saab Owners Convention Rally Novice Class
Winner 1999 Saab Owners Convention Rally (All Classes)
Posts in this Thread:
- SAAB Model 96 Turn Signal Lenses from Molds - Interest?, Scott Paterson , Wed, 16 May 2018 11:41:56 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: SAAB Model 96 Turn Signal Lenses from Molds - Interest?, RayK, Wed, 4 Jul 2018 15:33:53
- Re: SAAB Model 96 Turn Signal Lenses from Molds - Interest?, Ernest Durbin, Mon, 25 Jun 2018 05:46:50
- Re: SAAB Model 96 Turn Signal Lenses from Molds - Interest?, sarawf , Tue, 29 May 2018 00:17:08
- How close to the OE are we talking about ?, BobD, Sat, 26 May 2018 18:34:35
- Re: SAAB Model 96 Turn Signal Lenses from Molds - Interest?, Saabo96 , Fri, 25 May 2018 19:33:32
- Re: SAAB Model 96 Turn Signal Lenses from Molds - Interest?, Jeff nowling, Thu, 24 May 2018 20:14:44
- Re: SAAB Model 96 Turn Signal Lenses from Molds - Interest?, Name Left Blank, Wed, 23 May 2018 00:42:40
- Re: SAAB Model 96 Turn Signal Lenses from Molds - Interest?, Jason Fox, Mon, 21 May 2018 08:51:00
- Re: SAAB Model 96 Turn Signal Lenses from Molds - Interest?, Derek900, Thu, 17 May 2018 12:49:09
- Re: SAAB Model 96 Turn Signal Lenses from Molds - Interest?, Graeme S., Thu, 17 May 2018 07:40:02
- Re: SAAB Model 96 Turn Signal Lenses Group Buy, Stan, Thu, 17 May 2018 05:04:03
- Re: SAAB Model 96 Turn Signal Lenses Group Buy, Pat F., Wed, 16 May 2018 16:09:22
- Re: SAAB Model 96 Turn Signal Lenses Group Buy, Doug Barclay, Wed, 16 May 2018 12:58:17
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.