Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 19:21:59 GMT
From: hohnopsamlid.invalid (Goran Larsson)
Subject: Re: Compatible CD Changer for '99 Saab 9-5

In article <>, Scott Henry <> wrote: > OK, here's a related follow up question: How can a changer that was > not properly "divorced" be "married" into a new car? Attach it to the car it is married to and divorce it using a Tech-II. > Divorcing it and remarrying it > while it's mounted in my car is not working. This is how it is supposed to be. > Does anyone know of a solution, short of shipping it back to the > seller? No. > Can I get a quickie divorce? I don't know of any official way to do it. Why would Saab ruin the theft protection by publishing a way around it? It is certainly possible by opening the CD changer, finding the memory chip, desolder the memory chip, insert memory chip in programming equipment, program memory chip with non-married status, solder memory chip, and reassemble CD changer. Not a quickie. -- G–ran Larsson

Return to Main Index

The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2020 - The Saab Network -
For usage guidelines, see the Mission and Purpose Page.
[Contact | Site Map | on Facebook | on Twitter | Shop Amazon via TSN | Site Donations]