Site News - 7/20 New Member Feature: Fewer Ads in Classifieds & More | 7/20: Saab Convention Photos | 7/11: Saab Photo of the Year Winners | New Feature: BB Daily Digest Email
Date: 15 Nov 2003 05:08:19 -0800
From: (Rickbw)
Subject: 9-5 Aero Carmax dilema

I am a previous owner of two Saabs. A 900 back in the early 1980's and a recent 2001 9-5 Aero (company vehicle). As I changed companies I was not able to keep the above vehicle. My family and I have moved to South Florida and decided that owning a Jeep Liberty was not the proper choice here. We went to Carmax and accepted their offer to buy the Jeep. We had found an '01 Saab 9-5 SE with 45K miles at a decent price and decided to buy it. Unfortunately in the course of the first 5 days the car refused to start 2x and both occurances were forced to have it towed back to Carmax (1st incident was the starter motor and 2nd was battery, according to Carmax). Well we decided that 2x in 5 days was not good and we informed Carmax we would not keep the car. We looked online thru Carmax and found a 2nd '01 Saab 9-5 Aero with only 23K miles and decided to have them transfer the vehicle to South Florida. We test drove it last night and proceeded with the purchase. Here is my dilema, when we drove the vehicle home last evening we heard a strange intermittant noise under the vehicle. Come to find out the engine shield below the car has been torn apart. I cannot tell if there is any other damage and I will be bringing the vehicle back to Carmax to request they replace the shield. Should I be concerned? Is there a way of telling if there is add'l damage?? Carmax has been excellent throughout my experience with them, but I now have 5 days to make my choice. Any advice? Thanks in advance, Rick

Return to Main Index

The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2021 - The Saab Network -
For usage guidelines, see the Mission and Purpose Page.
[Contact | Site Map | on Facebook | on Twitter | Shop Amazon via TSN | Site Donations]