Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:21:33 -0600 From: Charles <cstoyernospamrpex.com> Subject: Re: Problem Removing 85 900C Turbo Clutch
Charles wrote: > My wife's slave cylinder went out on her 85 900T with about 180k miles. > This car is kind of banged up as a tree fell on it (mostly hood damage) > and she backed into our snowmobile trailer (tailight and fender damage). > I did not want to put a lot of money in it and so I decided to remove > and rebuild the slave cylinder. > > ... Thanks for all suggestions. The one from MH seems to be the most useful, under the circumstances. I am going to try putting bolts and nuts on the slave (and maybe the pressure plate) to try to compress it. It is useful to know that if the tines are not flat, you are not compressed enough. I did not see such a guideline before. I may also buy the real SAAB tool and try pressing one tine at a time. Dave Hinz' IV method of bleeding the clutch works well and my only addition (this is the third time I've used it) is don't throw out the bulb on the turkey baster, it can cover the "reservoir" when not in use and can be used afterwards to suck the dirty fluid from the reservoir. I will let you know how it works out and I will pass my comments and pictures on to FixMySaab.com! Charles.