Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 21:48:55 GMT
From: ShazWozza <>
Subject: Re: [Saab_c900] Are new turbo overboost switches for 8V engines available?

Craig's Saab C900 Site wrote: > ShazWozza <> writes: > >>Craig, why can't you just use a generic adjustable Hobbes switch? > > What is a Hobbes switch? 8-) > A pressure operated switch. Some folks spell them Hobbes and some Hobbs. I suppose it is the name of the guy who first designed one. Examples being your overboost detector, oil pressure switch yadda yadda If you are really stuck for a genuine Saab overboost switch I don't see why you can't use one. A common after market use for them is in boost sensors for controlling water injection. I think from memory either or Silicon Chip have designs which use them in various boost pressure related projects. I would check out Oatley Electronics or Jaycar. I found this Sydney link here they have a A$40 switch (no idea of the quality). Hobbes switches come in various ranges of pressures and many can be adjusted. It is also possible to use one with a lower pressure rating by way of a restrictor (in which case you would need to calibrate the restrictor hole carefully).

Return to Main Index

The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2020 - The Saab Network -
For usage guidelines, see the Mission and Purpose Page.
[Contact | Site Map | on Facebook | on Twitter | Shop Amazon via TSN | Site Donations]