Date: 26 Apr 2006 14:14:39 -0700
From: "markcnospam.com" <markcnospam.com>
Subject: Re: Wiring Smoked From Inside Dashboard. Here's what Happened..


I just talked to a Saab mechanic and he said that it was most likely a catalytic converter which got red hot (could be clogged or may have had too much excess fuel dumped in it from other parts not working efficiently) and then started the wiring housed right above it in the console to burn. I was lucky the whole thing didn't go up in flames. I had that happen to a Ford van and it was a pretty traumatic experience even though it was just an old beater. Always have a fire extinguisher in your vehicle at all times. You may even need it to save someone's life. There was a van that rolled over and started on fire by my house early one morning (I used to live next to a highway curve) and if I would have had an extinguisher I could have put the fire out. Luckily no one was trapped inside. The driver was thrown clear of the van and landed on the other side of the road! Mark

Return to Main Index

The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2020 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
For usage guidelines, see the Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page.
[Contact | Site Map | Saabnet.com on Facebook | Saabnet.com on Twitter | Shop Amazon via TSN | Site Donations]