Re: diy vs engineered we have use for the cooling vent in AZ ! - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Click Banner for Details on this Saabnet.com Classified
Site News -
8/25 WIN A $100 GIFT CARD |
7/31 Member of the Year |
7/20 Member Feature: Fewer Ads in Classifieds & More |
New Feature: BB Daily Digest Email
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
We have been able to at least partially ameliorate the hot battery problem ! The solution we use, is fitted added extra high tech thick dual layer foil faced fireproofed cotton shredded blue jean insulation! around under, on top of the battery box to help w/ underhood heat soak and further insulate the battery! ( no kidding we got it from JC Whitney! ) you get lots for many insulating projects! use spray contact cement (hi temp) and put extra heavy aluminum foil on both sides ! (more layers ) use a non-conductive patch where you might contact a battery terminal !
4-ft. x 6-ft. Heat/Sound Insulation Sheet
Brand and Manufacturer #: Bonded Logic 30000-11406
$26.30 per sold individually
most heat does. would indeed transfer "convect " to the battery after engine shutdown so we prevented it, uh , you could too! oh, and because of the vent hose, the battery IS cooler before the shutdown not sure how much? we'll research it someday - a good article idea! don't know why you and others are so cynical about SAAB engineers solutions -and I DO think that SAAB engineers, aircraft engineers thought of it! (NOT GM ) but I can't prove it yet- I have some connections of the former workers so I will inquire!
->Posting last edited on Wed, 8 Nov 2017 11:48:50.
Posts in this Thread:
- Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, TG, Sun, 5 Nov 2017 12:37:14
- "more than a fridge, it's the family hub", cheaptech , Sun, 12 Nov 2017 05:38:52
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, John Q. Smith, Sun, 12 Nov 2017 02:14:21
- is the pump dead? That's an easy fix., Notnoel , Thu, 9 Nov 2017 11:15:18
- Re: Hey, Tom G , Wed, 8 Nov 2017 14:58:52
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, Tom G , Mon, 6 Nov 2017 20:32:501
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 6 Nov 2017 10:31:54
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, Dennis_MA, Mon, 6 Nov 2017 09:26:52
- Bosch +1, DnstrDan , Mon, 6 Nov 2017 06:15:46
- Bosch... but..., ELaw , Mon, 6 Nov 2017 05:13:19
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, Snowmobile , Sun, 5 Nov 2017 18:52:22
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations? i like bosch !, neil dale , Sun, 5 Nov 2017 15:15:42
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!