NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|93 Bulletin Board|
1. What year is your car this could lead to different items.
2. If I understand you correctly when you turn the key the engine rotates but does not start to run.
3. If your 9-3 is a 2007 or 2008 I would put a guess on the intake valves being worn in the seats of the head. After the car warms up the valves seal up better and it runs close to normal. The colder the starting temperature the harder they are to get running.
4. If your car is a different year or even those years it could be any type of large air leak that once the car warms up some the oxygen sensors compensate for the air leak and car runs close to normal.
5. So some more information would allow us to give you a better idea of what the issue you may be or atleast a way to check if that is the issue or not. Good Luck, Bernie
George Riggin Specialty Automotive
1993 900 Conv.
2002 9-5 4 Door
2003 9-3 Conv. Viggen appearance package
2008 9-3 SS 4 door
Posts in this Thread:
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.