that was my point: if you are selling the car, this was not the way to get buyers... a better approach is to ask for selling advice, maybe pricing suggestions, and put up a classified ad...
if you are a legitimate buyer, why would you be adverse to hearing advice to look closely, work for a better deal if its there, etc? Why would you defend/justify the seller's valuation of the car? A smart buyer looks at all the bad stuff + uses that to enhance their bargaining position... isn't that why you came here? otherwise, you'd have already bought it because you think it looks nice + goes fast... so that's one of the reasons people here think you're actually the seller... sure we don't know for sure, but we aren't gullible either... if you just tried to directly post the ad, you'd get an automated warning/rejection message, so the next step might be to circumvent that... it's happened before...
I'm not sure I've changed my opinion wrt the car anywhere here... it's a nice enough looking car, just like many 9-5's, but I suspect it's been driven hard. I don't terribly care for the extra badges, but I know some like that sort of thing. They're easy to put on another car you find. Same for the bumper: why not just buy a 2004? At 210k, I don't consider it a bargain, + there are cars that I'd look at long before that one... I'd have to look at it mechanically to have much more of an opinion than that...
posted by 216.59.22...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Need purchase advise e 02 Aero on you tube.., Derik, Thu, 24 Nov 2011 22:15:30
- Wow! What a thread,,,,, S-Works, Sun, 27 Nov 2011 05:08:41
- Re: Need purchase advise e 02 Aero on you tube.., Derik, Sat, 26 Nov 2011 16:42:52
- OK -- So what's stopping you..., EGD , Sat, 26 Nov 2011 22:16:38
- Actually,...., Derick, Sun, 27 Nov 2011 00:08:50
- Re: Actually,...., James, Sun, 27 Nov 2011 04:59:57
- Re: Actually,...., EGD , Sun, 27 Nov 2011 00:23:24
- See guys ,..this is what I mean ! by Egd, .., Derik, Sun, 27 Nov 2011 12:32:45
- Re: See guys ,..this is what I mean ! by Egd, .., EGD , Sun, 27 Nov 2011 16:28:38
- Re: See guys ,..this is what I mean ! by Egd, .., James, Sun, 27 Nov 2011 14:45:47
- and..., James, Sat, 26 Nov 2011 18:52:12
- take out a classified ad..., James, Sat, 26 Nov 2011 18:40:24
- You don't need to buy it, you already own it..., W. Beetus, Sat, 26 Nov 2011 16:57:30
- Re: Need purchase advise e 02 Aero on you tube.., davecl, Sat, 26 Nov 2011 04:50:03
- This car is just too...., Noel , Fri, 25 Nov 2011 07:47:35
- You can find one with half the mileage for that much..., B Millar , Fri, 25 Nov 2011 06:33:44
- Find another one, Mike Johnson, Fri, 25 Nov 2011 03:56:01
- Re: Need purchase advise e 02 Aero on you tube.., EGD , Fri, 25 Nov 2011 02:34:29
- Re: Need purchase advise e 02 Aero on you tube.., Trixr4kids, Thu, 24 Nov 2011 22:24:39
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!