NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
|95 Bulletin Board|
Manual transmission equipped cars have a metal plug inserted into the left side of the head where a vacuum pump resides on Automatic transmisison cars. The O-ring on this plug is known to dryout and cause an oil leak which could drop onto your exhaust. Some owners have had this pressed metal plug plug corrode away resulting in an oil leak.
What about transmisison oil lines or a transmission pan leak? These could drop oil onto the exhaust too.
posted by 198.208.25...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Oil leak getting expensive, thatbobguy, Tue, 8 May 2012 22:16:39
- Find a good mechanic willing to do the dirty work., dmz789qqq, Wed, 9 May 2012 13:09:15
- Re: Oil leak getting expensive, jeff02 , Wed, 9 May 2012 10:51:50
- Preaching to the choir, Paul in NM, Wed, 9 May 2012 05:53:14
- Front of the block or rear?, Chadwick , Wed, 9 May 2012 04:15:37
- Re: Oil leak getting expensive, ELaw , Wed, 9 May 2012 04:13:20
- Manual or Auto?, MI-Roger , Wed, 9 May 2012 03:25:34
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.