I posted a couple of days ago about after I replaced the
Pcv plastic valve and then a couple of days later finding a major oil leak.
The leak seems like it is coming from the crank shadt seal. My mechanic
is cleaning the area around the leak to see where it is
coming from. If it is the crankshaft seal, what should I expect regarding repair
How could this happen on a car with only 57k miles on the odometer?
Can I replace the seal myself? What is involved? If the crankshaft is also damaged should
Thanks in advance. Seb
posted by 198.228.217...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- oil leak, 2006 Saab 9-5. please help... current status, seb, Tue, 4 Sep 2012 12:20:56
- Re: oil leak, 2006 Saab 9-5. please help... current status, Seb, Tue, 4 Sep 2012 20:40:36
- Check oil pump oring, 2000AERO, Tue, 4 Sep 2012 18:46:15
- Re: oil leak, 2006 Saab 9-5. please help... current status, John Myers , Tue, 4 Sep 2012 15:55:41
- John - it sounds like if it's the timing cover, PCV?, Tulsaab , Tue, 4 Sep 2012 18:49:03
- Re: John - it sounds like if it's the timing cover, PCV?, John Myers , Wed, 5 Sep 2012 07:07:11
- Oops!, John Myers , Wed, 5 Sep 2012 14:06:09
- Re: John - it sounds like if it's the timing cover, PCV?, SG, Wed, 5 Sep 2012 08:54:28
- Really?, John Myers , Wed, 5 Sep 2012 13:09:19
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!